• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    With the ATI scope mount they give you a tap and drill, and directions on how to do it. But drilling the hole straight and tapping it without breaking the tap isn't easy. Not to mention centering the scope mount. I did my first Mosin this way and luckily it turned out well. I decided I wouldn't push my luck and do another one that way. I started to drill and tap them at work in a milling machine. Later, I machined a fixture so I could drill and tap them on my drill press at home.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Mines almost done. Used a 1945 M44 has a bent bolt, we machined the top of the round receiver flat and installed a rail. Then it has a floated barrel with the original stock. I want to install a pistol grip for it but have no idea how. A bipod and maybe a heavy barrel are in the future.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'm doing a Mosin nagant sporter build and could use some advice. These are the supplies im buying

Mosin nagant heavy barrel designed for czech uk59 machinegun
    Mosin nagant stripped reciver
    Mosin nagant monte carlo stock
    and a Black tacticool sling
    Bipod

Im going to do a scout scope mount.

Any advice?

Is there anyway to get the monte carlo stock so I can free float the heavy barrel? Anywhere to buy the materials to get the full reciver and make it a full reciver without the barrel? Also should I be cheap and just get a mosin and monte carlo stock with a scout scope mount. Any advice at all would be appreciated. This will be my first sporter build

Check out Richards
    Standard Styles

For an extra fee they will do either a 1" or 1 1/4" barrel channel. They also do Mosin stocks in pretty much any style they produce, though their stocks are unfinished, but also will do endcaps, swivels, custome forearm diameters, etc.

Really looking at them after I shot Boyds an e-mail about doing a Mosin stock in another laminate color they stock (but don't offer Mosin stocks in) and their reply simply said "We don't do custom orders" and that was all...

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im working on piecing together a build as well.

Here is what Im using:

1) classic arms barrel and receiver. I still need to source a bolt.
    2) Rock Solid Ind scope mount.
    3) Im thinking about a Boyd's stock or Richards, haven't decided yet.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    2cool9031, what is the barrel length on the far right one? And how much did it effect accuracy?

It is 16 1/2"...This is a target shot with open sights @25 yds.
    picture.php

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Mines almost done. Used a 1945 M44 has a bent bolt, we machined the top of the round receiver flat and installed a rail. Then it has a floated barrel with the original stock. I want to install a pistol grip for it but have no idea how. A bipod and maybe a heavy barrel are in the future.

I solved that problem. I first tried an ak grip on one stock, but that wasn't what I was looking for. So I had to design and machine my own. I later put finger grooves on them.

picture.php

Top Bottom