• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    RobF82 what did you end up buying?

A quick refinishing to a $100.00 gun makes it a $50.00 gun ...
    Refinishing any Military Surplus firearms will ruin the collector value and make it only worth the sum of parts.

manygunsmike

For me,I buy to shoot, I don't worry about the "investment value" of a $100 gun. I figure with the amount of Mosins out there a $100 gun today will be worth $125 when I die so I'll do with them as I please and shoot the hell out of them in the meantime.

Now if you're talking a relatively rare or sought after MilSurp thats a whole another story.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Many of us on here have a model 91/30

I first shot one at an INGO meetup awhile back and knew after the first shot that I had to have one! Bought one for myself three days later :D
    Cheap price, cheap ammo, accurate, loud, fireball, and fun to shoot! :rockwoot:

Now I need an M44 to keep her company :D

I own a 1955 m44, bought it for $90 and let me tell ya, its a BLAST to have, figuratively and literally, ive never seen such a huge fireball come out the end of something quite like this lol its great and i love it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm still wondering what you guys normally shoot that think even an M44 kicks all that much.

You know, I'm with you on this. I mean, compared to a .22, yeah they kick. I still remember as a kid - maybe 13 or 14 years old - going with a friend's dad and his dad's buddy to sight in their 30-06's to get ready for an elk hunting trip out west. Friend's dad and his buddy were saying things like, "That thing'll bloody your nose!" They let us try them out, and I was thinking, "Um, my .410 kicks about this much." They're definitely tamer than a 12 gauge. C'mon! Man up ya panty-waisted Nancy Boys! ;):):

Last edited:

RobF82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Rossville IN
    I want a m91 and yeah I going to pick one up soon. I just have to figure out what to tell the wife when she comes home and finds me cleaning a new gun.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    A M91 ! Thats a good start for sure! What ever you tell your wife it better be good because once you get bit by the Mosin Nagant bug you will definitely end up with more then one!

manygunsmike

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A M91 ! Thats a good start for sure! What ever you tell your wife it better be good because once you get bit by the Mosin Nagant bug you will definitely end up with more then one!

manygunsmike

:+1: Very true!!!! :D

You may want to attach the bayonet ASAP. That way when she comes home you at least have a 3 foot stick with a sharp point at the end that you can use to defend yourself or at least buy yourself enough time to escape out the back door! :D

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Seen a perfectly good Tikka 91/30 that Hoosier Bubba got a hold of. So very sad. Don't you know a kitty dies everytime you sporterize a mil surp.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    It seems like Im tripping over the sporter and restored military surplus firearms more and more lately!

RobF82 you can PM me here if you need any advice or have questions on buying a Mosin Nagant

manygunsmike

Seen a perfectly good Tikka 91/30 that Hoosier Bubba got a hold of. So very sad. Don't you know a kitty dies everytime you sporterize a mil surp.

Top Bottom