• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I also have both. I agree the 870 feels more like a shotgun though. The 500 does rattle a little to much. But they both are great guns. I have never had a problem with either of them. I also agree the safety on the 500 makes more since where it is located instead of where the 870 is, but if your used to your guns its not a problem.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I prefer the 870 of the choices given.
    The 500 is a decent gun the 590 is a very good gun the 870 is still the standard.
    The Benneli M4 is arguably the best fighting shotgun manufactured to date.

There are other good choices but most aren't supported well by their manufacturers or the after market.

The appearance of the shotgun does not effect its lethality in any way, ;)

Im am still going to hold Judgment on the 887 anything over 3" chamber makes no sense to me in an HD or fighting gun so I'm still struggling with the why of it.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I prefer the 870 of the choices given.
    The 500 is a decent gun the 590 is a very good gun the 870 is still the standard.
    The Benneli M4 is arguably the best fighting shotgun manufactured to date.

There are other good choices but most aren't supported well by their manufacturers or the after market.

The appearance of the shotgun does not effect its lethality in any way, ;)

Im am still going to hold Judgment on the 887 anything over 3" chamber makes no sense to me in an HD or fighting gun so I'm still struggling with the why of it.

What he said, but I think the Saiga is catching up to the M4. Out of the box though the M4 is still the master.

Are we going to see TSG represent at the speed shotgun match next month at ACC?

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    agh I need to get up for that, I'm ADHD if I don't have someone reminding me every day or two I lose track of half what I am doing.
    I will have to look up the thread and mark it down this time. Last go round we had a show that weekend that interfered hopefully not the case this time.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Depends on the Family. Are we talking the Jones or the Vasquez's?

Single family dwelling on the southeast side or west? extended or Immediate?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I trust my 500 100% that's all that matters. Factory replacement barrel for $79.99. One barrel for clays, pumkin busting etc. Then my HD barrel.

chrisheacock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    I have an 870, but it was a trade for an old computer I no longer needed. That made my choice far easier I must say. lol

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I have 2 Moss 500s. Neither has ever failed me. However, I acknowledge that having a Mossberg 500 is like having a good stick shift pickup that never fails you. It does the job, but maybe not in style. I'm sure there's slicker actions with cooler accessories in other models out there. I've just not been that much into them.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I am in the same boat as to which I should get. I think it really depends on which one I can get a good deal on first, because they both seem to be tops for HD.

chingascook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Mossberg 500 or Remington 870

Has been my favorite for deer and turkeys with interchangeable barrels.
    Rifled barrel with cantilever mount,and a good full choke barrel for the other.
    Nice short gun for a short guy!
    Chingascook

Top Bottom