• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Has anyone shot one of these? I simply question the practicality of this set-up. It doesn't seem like it would be pleasant to shoot, or all that accurate. Looks cool though!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Has anyone shot one of these? I simply question the practicality of this set-up. It doesn't seem like it would be pleasant to shoot, or all that accurate. Looks cool though!

I picked one up from ACME at the 1500 and got it out to the range this last weekend. With full power 2 3/4 loads, it wasn't the most pleasant shooting experience, but not as bad as I expected (I believe that is thanks to the shockwave grip).

Now, with the 2" Nobel Sports buckshot rounds, it shot like a dream. You can run it quickly and smoothly. Aguila mini-shells, on the other hand, at 1.75", don't feed properly. I bought an OpSol mini clip to install in it and see if the Aguilas will feed with it on, but haven't tried it yet.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    .... I bought an OpSol mini clip to install in it and see if the Aguilas will feed with it on, but haven't tried it yet.

I will be interested to hear the results. Unfortunately. Because if the results are good, it will just increase my "want" factor that much more...

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

14inchw_zpsfqvetawg.jpg

I shot this one a few months ago. Owner put it together using parts from Shockwave. And, of course, he used a Moss 500 that came from the factory with a pistol grip. As mentioned earlier, recoil isn't that bad thanks to the angle of the grip. Just needs a laser for aiming.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    No need for it. Not a lot of muzzle rise.

Have you done any testing to confirm your theory? I have, and found that there is a 2" to 3" muzzle rise with a shockwave equipped mossberg that does not have porting. The recoil impulse becomes a direct rearward push with ports added to the equation.

My son and I added Shockwave grips to our pistol grip shotguns, but only mine was ported. We decided to test the difference and found that there was a noticeable improvement in felt recoil with the ported version.

Ported testing:

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I have absolutely no use for one of these, but I still kinda want one. Does the porting make it noticeably louder?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I bought one at Rural King. Just waiting to see if they fixed the computer system that went down here @ RK in Kokomo.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I bought one at Rural King. Just waiting to see if they fixed the computer system that went down here @ RK in Kokomo.

Hey, same thing here! I went in to USDS but they didn't know when they would get any in. Wife wanted to go to Martinsville Rural King for dog junk & there 1 was in the case. I tried to buy it but same thing, the system had been down since Monday & no idea when it would be back up so I had to put it in layaway.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I picked one up from ACME at the 1500 and got it out to the range this last weekend. With full power 2 3/4 loads, it wasn't the most pleasant shooting experience, but not as bad as I expected (I believe that is thanks to the shockwave grip).

Now, with the 2" Nobel Sports buckshot rounds, it shot like a dream. You can run it quickly and smoothly. Aguila mini-shells, on the other hand, at 1.75", don't feed properly. I bought an OpSol mini clip to install in it and see if the Aguilas will feed with it on, but haven't tried it yet.

You didn't happen to go to the point blank in Carmel on Sunday afternoon (3-19) did you? I was next to a guy who was shooting one.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch just put out an excellent video on the subject.

[video=youtube;fM_sqSTg2v8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_sqSTg2v8[/video]

Top Bottom