Most comfortable CC IWB holster...Opinions Please...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I don't wear undershirts and don't like the feel of leather against me in the summer. The steathgear onyx is my choice for comfort but costs $100. I enjoy wearing it though so don't mind the price.

typo31

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Whiteland
    n82tactical by far the most comfortable holster I have ever used. I've tried many many varieties and always come back to n82tactical.com

I've gotten a lot of my friends hooked on them as well.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    Where do you carry?

If you appendix carry, or carry anywhere from 1-3:30 on the belt. The best holster I have found hands-down is the Raven Concealment Eeidolon holster. It has a belt claw that tucks the butt of the grip into your body as-well-as a wedge at the bottom of the holster that helps further tuck the upper slide into your body so it does not print.

Alien gear holsters is hard to beat if you carry at 3-4 O'Clock.

Hoosier9364

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Henry Co
    n82tactical by far the most comfortable holster I have ever used. I've tried many many varieties and always come back to n82tactical.com

I've gotten a lot of my friends hooked on them as well.

i started researching about n82tactical online. No one has anything bad to say about them, all positive. I may pull the trigger in one soon.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    For me, it is the Stealthgear Onyx all the way. I use the Remora for quick trips and keep an extra for the car to wedge between the seat and the console. Pretty hard to draw from IWB when you are belted in the car.

As has been mentioned, everyone is different, and you will have to just try out a few to find what you like.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have a problem with alien gear always sagging. I wear a 5-11 adjustable belt and it's a very good belt. But I'm always lifting the holster up to readjust it. Also I'm getting away from the alien gear as the screws have been backing themselves out. I would love to know who had the booth at the 1500 this year that making custom Kydex.

bill075

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    I have a problem with alien gear always sagging. I wear a 5-11 adjustable belt and it's a very good belt. But I'm always lifting the holster up to readjust it. Also I'm getting away from the alien gear as the screws have been backing themselves out. I would love to know who had the booth at the 1500 this year that making custom Kydex.

Blue Loctite fixed the screw backout problem for me

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    for me its sticky holsters and the ones i have from tsconcealment. had aliengear holster and sold it. it was a fine holster but as stated above it pulled my pants down with a good belt.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    100% stealth gear... And you can wash/clean them unlike leather IWB holsters. I use one everyday, don't even know it on me!

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I guess I'm doing it right with my AlienGear 2.0. I never have problems with sagging or adjusting my holster. Once its one and my belt is locked I'm good for the day. The Neoprene backing grips my undershirt very well. Smooth leather does not. I hear more about Military Sparks holsters sagging more than AG. Having somewhat of a butt also prevents sagging. Can't defy physics.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    +1 On spending the $$$ on a good belt. IMHO doing so at least for me is every bit as if not more important than buying a good IWB holster. Based on my experience your IWB holster is only as good as your belt. I tried my new Alien Gear 3.0 with a standard belt then with a design specific belt and the difference was dramatic in the extreme. I presently own a Alien Gear 3.0 IWB holster have used it only for less than four months, but are 100% satisfied with it. But I have no other IWB holsters to compare it to, so I'm sure there other IWB holsters that will serve you well. It was a difficult call, but the Milt Sparks VMII would be my 1st choice and will likely buy one anyhow, the reviews of it are just to positive and large in # to ignore.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    +1 On spending the $$$ on a good belt. IMHO doing so at least for me is every bit as if not more important than buying a good IWB holster. Based on my experience your IWB holster is only as good as your belt. I tried my new Alien Gear 3.0 with a standard belt then with a design specific belt and the difference was dramatic in the extreme. I presently own a Alien Gear 3.0 IWB holster have used it only for less than four months, but are 100% satisfied with it. But I have no other IWB holsters to compare it to, so I'm sure there other IWB holsters that will serve you well. It was a difficult call, but the Milt Sparks VMII would be my 1st choice and will likely buy one anyhow, the reviews of it are just to positive and large in # to ignore.
    ^^^THIS^^^ One other thing about a belt is that IMO using a belt that is completely adjustable for tightness (Like a wilderness instructor belt as an example), as opposed to a traditional belt with the post fitting into holes, is that you can control for the exact amount of tension you need to keep the pistol/holster from sagging. Wearing jeans with a T shirt untucked will be different from T shirt plus a long sleeve shirt tucked in (assuming a tuckable holster). As for comfort, I've never had a problem with any holster, of any material, while carrying at 3:30-4:00--and carrying a steel 1911. I have had some comfort issues carrying a Kahr CM9 AIWB with a kydex holster though. Like was said upthread, you'll need to experiment.

Top Bottom