• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yes, because you know most of us here are mouth breathers and most likely inbred. Except for a select few of course.

Maybe Kirk's messages would be better received if he didn't always put them in the context of redneck hillbilly idiot INGO members or self-proclaimed tacticool operators. The "select few" are perfectly capable of screwing up too.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maybe Kirk's messages would be better received if he didn't always put them in the context of redneck hillbilly idiot INGO members or self-proclaimed tacticool operators. The "select few" are perfectly capable of screwing up too.

OR, maybe people shouldn't rationalize waving guns around like pom poms?

Call me old fashion but people need to be told not to be this stupid and undisciplined. The pain of the truth of my words fades, bullet holes do not.

Acting foolishly and recklessly with firearms is within the control of the gun culture. It is a problem we can eliminate via education, training and discipline.

Negative examples are instructive.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well sure. Everybody knows that if the trigger is pulled in this situation, the barrel mushrooms back and the shooter ends up with a charred face.
    It taught me at a young age to watch for barrel obstructions. I made sure that never happened to me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Call me old fashion but people need to be told not to be this stupid and undisciplined. The pain of the truth of my words fades, bullet holes do not.

Acting foolishly and recklessly with firearms is within the control of the gun culture. It is a problem we can eliminate via education, training and discipline.

So you are saying that all INGOers behave this way? :dunno:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

What? You're asking people to take responsibility for their actions in this day and age? Shocking I say, just shocking. They need discipline and training? How dare you sir.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Yes, because you know most of us here are mouth breathers and most likely inbred. Except for a select few of course.

This is the poster child for the select few.

48B01110-527F-4F03-B0EA-0E1EA718F1B3_zpsbt5v4xda.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

To the extent that INGO has members defending unsafe behavior with firearms, yes.

This incident in Oklahoma is why I carp on firearms safety. 3 people injured, 1 fatally. 3 families impacted by sloppy, undisciplined behavior with firearms. Many people with negative experiences with firearms. "I hate guns because my cousin was shot by some dude waving a gun around like a pom pom and then he said 'it ain't loaded.'"

Stop waving guns around like pom poms. Stop rationalizing unsafe behavior with firearms.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To the extent that INGO has members defending unsafe behavior with firearms, yes...

As a long time fan of your knowledge and postings, I have to say that I am disappointed. I hope you will reevaluate your thought and posting process in the future to not insult like minded folk who are friends to you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As a long time fan of your knowledge and postings, I have to say that I am disappointed. I hope you will reevaluate your thought and posting process in the future to not insult like minded folk who are friends to you.

If one does not advocate unsafe behavior with firearms, then one can ignore this shooting or use it as an example as to why the Four Rules are so important. Safety is far too important to worry about feelings.

I have no problem calling out the problem of INGO having members who advocate unsafe behavior with firearms. This example where one bullet killed and wounded multiple people is why one does not point a gun at himself or others. One does not justify breaking the Four Rules because one is unsure of his manhood and wants to demonstrate what a bad*** he is. INGO has people like this. They must be stopped or we all lose as a greater culture.

We regulate ourselves or have regulation imposed from outside.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If one does not advocate unsafe behavior with firearms, then one can ignore this shooting or use it as an example as to why the Four Rules are so important. Safety is far too important to worry about feelings.

I have no problem calling out the problem of INGO having members who advocate unsafe behavior with firearms. This example where one bullet killed and wounded multiple people is why one does not point a gun at himself or others. One does not justify breaking the Four Rules because one is unsure of his manhood and wants to demonstrate what a bad*** he is. INGO has people like this. They must be stopped or we all lose as a greater culture.

I am with you on your thought process right up until you use "INGO" as a descriptor to categorize unsafe people. While INGO certainly has it's share of those yet to learn safe gun handling, it is wrong to cast that cloak over us all.

This is not about feelings, it's about using INGO (Indiana Gun Owners) as a derogatory term of description.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    What? You're asking people to take responsibility for their actions in this day and age? Shocking I say, just shocking. They need discipline and training? How dare you sir.

Don't forget ridicule and shame.:):

Responsibility? ridicule and shame? Not in this day and age. That came out purple but turned black...

I am with you on your thought process right up until you use "INGO" as a descriptor to categorize unsafe people. While INGO certainly has it's share of those yet to learn safe gun handling, it is wrong to cast that cloak over us all.

This is not about feelings, it's about using INGO (Indiana Gun Owners) as a derogatory term of description.

I believe Kirks original intent was to reference how often we, on INGO, ridicule unsafe gun handling and that this story epitomizes many of the cliche mistakes, in the span of seconds, we frequently point out.

His later comments were that there are a select few that dissent and advocate actions the larger body of members and he spoke poorly of them, later specifically excluding those members who do not advocate what most of consider to be unsafe handling.

Everyone just chill out!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm again going to reference the classic Cosby "bullet in the furnace" routine.

This time, I'll explain it. So a kid puts a bullet in the furnace, it explodes. The shop teacher asks who put the bullet in the furnace, and after no one speaks up, he starts using psychology:

"You know, a guy's mother would have to be really low for him to put a bullet in the furnace. Yep, his mother would have to be a horrible person to have a kid who would put a bullet in the furnace...."

This goes on until the kid can't take it any longer blurts out:

"I didn't put no bullet in the furnace, so stop talking about my mother."

The moral of the story? The kid only got offended because he perceived the shop teacher was talking about his mother. Had he not been the one to put the bullet in the furnace, then he would not have thought the shop teacher was talking about him.

In other words, if you aren't the unsafe-gun-handling problem, he's not talking about you.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Not sure how experienced the initiator was in this incident, but I was just in a handgun class this past Saturday and the first thing the instructor went over was safety. He also discussed how the more experienced and comfortable we are with firearms, the more dangerous we can be due to complacency. I thought it was a great reminder.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

We must read different forums on INGO. Do you have examples?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Skinny Jeans, Micro Beers, Fixed Gear Bikes, liked the band but their last decent album was the one they cut in their cousin's bedroom before they got signed and there's only three copies and I have two. Hipster

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The OP's approach has become both insulting and tiresome. I believe the vast majority of us are adult enough and responsible enough to certainly not condone unsafe gun handling. The OP speaks to a very, very small minority of us as though he is speaking to all of us. That's what has become both insulting and tiresome.

Top Bottom