• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We must read different forums on INGO. Do you have examples?

You other than the gun store employee telling us how safe it is to point guns at people? I know Jetta saved it.

Look, I know people think safety is some sort of fun-killer and is an attack on one's manhood. It is not.

If you don't handle firearms safely because you are too cool, too experienced, too cop, too tactical, too bearded, whatever, more families will be negatively impacted by this insistence that guns can be waved around by undisciplined monkeys on crack.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The OP's approach has become both insulting and tiresome. I believe the vast majority of us are adult enough and responsible enough to certainly not condone unsafe gun handling. The OP speaks to a very, very small minority of us as though he is speaking to all of us. That's what has become both insulting and tiresome.

1 dead. 2 injured. But it's about me. Got it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    You other than the gun store employee telling us how safe it is to point guns at people? I know Jetta saved it.

Look, I know people think safety is some sort of fun-killer and is an attack on one's manhood. It is not.

If you don't handle firearms safely because you are too cool, too experienced, too cop, too tactical, too bearded, whatever, more families will be negatively impacted by this insistence that guns can be waved around by undisciplined monkeys on crack.

Here's the thing Kirk, I and I think most people here totally agree with you on the importance of safety. We as a gun owning community need to be far safer and it is everyone's responsibility to police our own. Then you have to go and say things like your last sentence and alienate people instead of encouraging them. Just because you don't like certain subsets of people doesn't make them any less safe than say, a group of lawyers. I see unsafe practices out of every conceivable group of gun owners, not just the ones you are always insulting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Seriously, I don't remember seeing anything like that on here. Could you post a link so I can read it? Maybe it was written by someone I have on my ignore list.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    1. I think there is more to the story. 2. I have never had a ND/AD...but will not be lulled into a false sense of security.

This is an excellent point. I find it very frustrating that some people think that because it hasn't happened (yet) that somehow it can't/won't ever happen, much in the same way that they continually roll the dice and just because they haven't yet come up snake eyes that is proof that it will never happen. I have seen this type of philosophical and practical complacency everywhere from gun handling to renting out aerial lifts which are known to be outside the manufacturer's parameters for safety because *drumroll* 'it hasn't happened yet, therefore it isn't going to happen ever'.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    1 dead. 2 injured. But it's about me. Got it.

I really think the incident under discussion has to be broken down into two parts. The ND, which was an obvious result of unsafe and stupid behavior, and the AD (the pistol in the guy's pocket going off when he fell down). We ALL know how the ND could have been prevented, but it's the pocket carry AD which I think needs to be looked at so such a thing might be prevented from happening again.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Do I read this correctly? Rhino and some gun store employee think it's okay to point guns at people? If that's not what you meant my interpretation is no better than your writing. If you're calling someone out you shouldn't have to rely on someone else for the evidence.

Count me among those that are getting sick and tired of this crap.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. Lets all take a moment...............................................................................................................

OK. Moment is up.

Carry on.

:popcorn:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

You know I did. I just gotta remember where I put it...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do I read this correctly? Rhino and some gun store employee think it's okay to point guns at people? If that's not what you meant my interpretation is no better than your writing. If you're calling someone out you shouldn't have to rely on someone else for the evidence.

Count me among those that are getting sick and tired of this crap.

Here's what Kirk is referencing, a LGS employee with the, "it's not loaded, so it's OK" mentality.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...2-do-4-rules-always-apply-17.html#post6246039

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    If one does not advocate unsafe behavior with firearms, then one can ignore this shooting or use it as an example as to why the Four Rules are so important. Safety is far too important to worry about feelings.

I have no problem calling out the problem of INGO having members who advocate unsafe behavior with firearms. This example where one bullet killed and wounded multiple people is why one does not point a gun at himself or others. One does not justify breaking the Four Rules because one is unsure of his manhood and wants to demonstrate what a bad*** he is. INGO has people like this. They must be stopped or we all lose as a greater culture.

We regulate ourselves or have regulation imposed from outside.

Your last line, says it all .....

Paul Harvey, said it all the time ..... if you don't regulate yourself, someone else will .....

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I really think the incident under discussion has to be broken down into two parts. The ND, which was an obvious result of unsafe and stupid behavior, and the AD (the pistol in the guy's pocket going off when he fell down). We ALL know how the ND could have been prevented, but it's the pocket carry AD which I think needs to be looked at so such a thing might be prevented from happening again.

This is where RULE # 5 comes in to play .....

Put it in a HOLSTER, with some kind of RETENTION .....

So 5 yr old girls, can't take it !!!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Maybe Kirk's messages would be better received if he didn't always put them in the context of redneck hillbilly idiot INGO members or self-proclaimed tacticool operators. The "select few" are perfectly capable of screwing up too.

As a card carrying member of the "redneck hillbilly idiot INGO members" I would like to say I have no problem with the way Kirk constructs his context...It makes me laugh...And I like to laugh....

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Going to chime in here. Kirks right. If the rules were being repeated the same way over and over then the people that should be listening will tune it out as noise. Maybe the insults got somebody's attention and possibly do some good down the line. Really he's on point.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's the thing Kirk, I and I think most people here totally agree with you on the importance of safety. We as a gun owning community need to be far safer and it is everyone's responsibility to police our own. Then you have to go and say things like your last sentence and alienate people instead of encouraging them. Just because you don't like certain subsets of people doesn't make them any less safe than say, a group of lawyers. I see unsafe practices out of every conceivable group of gun owners, not just the ones you are always insulting.

You are insulted by "waving guns about like undisciplined monkeys on crack"? So, you have never been to a gun show before. Never been to a gun show? You must be new to guns because we can link to dozens upon dozens of stories of people being shot at gun shows and gun stores. Perhaps the one story in Oklahoma was not enough? This isn't an outlier in the gun culture. Look around and see how people handle firearms.

Only those who are waving their guns about like undisciplined monkeys on crack are alienated.

If you don't want to be "insulted" then get proper training and become educated and disciplined in gun handling.

We have seen the results of a lack of education, the lack of discipline here in the linked story. We need to stop doing this. We can stop via education and the embrace of discipline.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    You are insulted by "waving guns about like undisciplined monkeys on crack"? So, you have never been to a gun show before. Never been to a gun show? You must be new to guns because we can link to dozens upon dozens of stories of people being shot at gun shows and gun stores. Perhaps the one story in Oklahoma was not enough? This isn't an outlier in the gun culture. Look around and see how people handle firearms.

Only those who are waving their guns about like undisciplined monkeys on crack are alienated.

If you don't want to be "insulted" then get proper training and become educated and disciplined in gun handling.

We have seen the results of a lack of education, the lack of discipline here in the linked story. We need to stop doing this. We can stop via education and the embrace of discipline.

For a smart guy, your reading comprehension sucks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom