• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    When I go out camping, hunting, backpacking or whatever it is im doing I will usually take a specific bunch of knives add or subtract saw hatchet or axes. I would say a good 80% of the time if you were to run into me in the woods I would have with me a SOG NW Ranger, a Ka-Bar heavy bowie, my leatherman wave, benchmade 551 griptillian, and a Bacho Laplander saw. Just out of curiosity what do you guys most often carry with you into the woods?

mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    ive been looking into some of the esee knives but cant decide what the better value would for the money for the esee's the ontario rats or the kabar beckers seeing as they are all essentially the same knife with minor differences here and there. do you have an opinion on the matter?

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    We do have a section for knife discussion, this is a WTS/WTS area. IBTL

I recommend reposting this question in the Cutting Edge forum:

The Cutting Edge - INGunOwners

as this thread is sure to be deleted soon.

So many people evidently don't know that threads can be moved :):

I'd probably be taking whatever folder I have on me, and a good tomahawk. If I knew the stay was longer I'd probably grab my BK9. If I have my backpack there's an ESEE-4 on the shoulder strap.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    ive been looking into some of the esee knives but cant decide what the better value would for the money for the esee's the ontario rats or the kabar beckers seeing as they are all essentially the same knife with minor differences here and there. do you have an opinion on the matter?

For me ESEE was a better value. The warranty they offer is the best in the industry, no matter what you do to break the knife they will replace it. I personally don't care for the Becker's design and I didn't care for the handles. I haven't handled many Ontario knives but the ones I've handled I didn't care for. Now that I have said something good about ESEE knives some Bussekin fanbois should be along any minute.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    My most used is definatly my Busse HHFSH, great blade I can count on staying sharp. I also have my Strider db on my pack, and my ZT0301 in my pocket.

There, I mentioned Busse, I'm sure the ESEE fanbois will be in to talk smack about how busse are over priced safe queens!:stickpoke:

Now that I have said something good about ESEE knives some Bussekin fanbois should be along any minute.

:wavey:

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Stroll in the woods. -Strider EBDB for tasks, Benchmade Barrage generally for small things like cleaning my nails out lol, and maybe ESEE Izula necker for an extra if needed for specific tasks

Camping. -ESEE 5 for wood/utility, CRKT M-16 folder for smaller tasks, axe or Swamp Rat Battle Rat or both for wood, ESEE Izula necker or in pack for food cutting/gutting

Hunt camping. -My grandpas old Sharps gutting knife, axe for wood, probably Swamp Rat Battle Rat for wood, Strider EBDB for working, and some kinda pocket folder

My kids will carry their folders or Izula or Swiss army knives.

Wife will ask to borrow my knife many time but refuse to get her own because that's the way I married her. :wallbash:

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My most used is definatly my Busse HHFSH, great blade I can count on staying sharp. I also have my Strider db on my pack, and my ZT0301 in my pocket.

There, I mentioned Busse, I'm sure the ESEE fanbois will be in to talk smack about how busse are over priced safe queens!:stickpoke:

I like my Izulas, but am waiting for a PM back on a Busse FBM in Lafayette on bladeforums, we shall see :mullet:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Kabar on belt, Multi Tool/Kershaw, and my 3 bladed workman in my pocket. New to me now is a Cold Steel Trail Hawk(tomahawk), so in backpack. Should be well covered on all respects.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield

Overpriced safe queens, not a user in the bunch. I wouldn't own one;)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    For me ESEE was a better value. The warranty they offer is the best in the industry, no matter what you do to break the knife they will replace it. I personally don't care for the Becker's design and I didn't care for the handles. I haven't handled many Ontario knives but the ones I've handled I didn't care for. Now that I have said something good about ESEE knives some Bussekin fanbois should be along any minute.

That's right encourage the Busse fans to once again come in when the topic is about ESEE they will anyway...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom