• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Taking my son up to Dyer tomorrow to a rider course so he can get his MC endorsement.
    I'll be going through it with him seeing as how I just started back riding last fall after a 20+ year hiatus.
    I'm gifting him a Honda Shadow 1100. I figure a cruiser is a safer bet that a crotch rocket.
    I want him relaxed and enjoying the ride... not seeking thrills.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Taking my son up to Dyer tomorrow to a rider course so he can get his MC endorsement.
    I'll be going through it with him seeing as how I just started back riding last fall after a 20+ year hiatus.
    I'm gifting him a Honda Shadow 1100. I figure a cruiser is a safer bet that a crotch rocket.
    I want him relaxed and enjoying the ride... not seeking thrills.

Good for both of you! Enjoy the day!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    At the bike class on our little Suzuki 250s. My boy passed his evaluation, so he will be getting his motorcycle endorsement.
    I also got a little card that proves professional training. Might be able to get an insurance discount with it. Ya-hoo.

View attachment 348318
    awesome!! Hopefully many years of safe riding ahead for him/you!!
    my daughter who lives in Portland Oregon, did hers on a Suzuki GN250 and loved it so much she bought one and is customizing it.. seat and exhaust to start. All started on a Yamaha GT80 I bought for the kids and let them all ride. Now most have a motorcycle endorsement and ride. I am looking forward to going out there to wring the snot out of that on the mountain roads someday soon..

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm beginning to wonder if bikes have an addictive quality to them.

I'm the last two weeks, I found myself considering a Triumph Bonneville Bobber and then found a deal on a Softail Slim.

It's a good thing there isn't an auction site for bikes similar to Gunbroker.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm beginning to wonder if bikes have an addictive quality to them.

I'm the last two weeks, I found myself considering a Triumph Bonneville Bobber and then found a deal on a Softail Slim.

It's a good thing there isn't an auction site for bikes similar to Gunbroker.
    I get the Limey, I've looked at a few Nortons over the years.
    Does that Softail come with augmentation and a Tramp Stamp?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It does!

Both sides of the tank read Harley Davidson!
    If it works for you buy it!!!

With the 110 in it, it will be a fun motorcycle to ride. Myself I'm just not a Softail fan at all, its way to soft and mushy when its pushed in the curves to keep me enthralled. I truly believe when Willy shifted the FX line from a swing-arm to the Softail, it was a huge mistake for HD.
    And with the Polair'halorious, even the Softail will be a massive exhaust sound upgrade.

Top Bottom