• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am attempting to delete the image details, as I thought I could post a snip from my PC. Forgot this isn't discord. Can't delete any text as the wall of text freezes up the "edit" window.

thanks to whomever deleted that post after I reported!

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I had a single beer with a good lunch one day while out riding. This happened years ago. I was about 60 miles from home. I drink bourbon, so I figured 1 beer wouldn't make a difference. I had it at the beginning of the lunch, finished it midway through. Drank water the rest of the meal. Rode home. Nothing eventful happened on the ride home but I could tell that I was not as sharp as I should be.

Never had a beer, or other traditional adult beverage, while out riding ever since. I save the booze for relaxing time after the ride. Might well be why I never participate in those group rides, poker runs, etc. They seem to go from bar to bar or terminate at a bar/event where the beer/booze is free flowing.

As with all my gear and other choices, these are my choices, I don't push my views on others, I don't care to change any laws or add restrictions, but I will state my opinions.

I avoid those rides as well as it's always the same thing.. about 25% ride with about 75% bar hangout. I will say, if I happened to feel at all compromised I wouldn't ride. That being said, it's pretty rare that I do even have the one if I'm riding. Stay safe!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I avoid those rides as well as it's always the same thing.. about 25% ride with about 75% bar hangout. I will say, if I happened to feel at all compromised I wouldn't ride. That being said, it's pretty rare that I do even have the one if I'm riding. Stay safe!

Just not my type of riding.

I use my bike for exploring while I travel.

It is easier to connect with your surrounding on a bike than while in a car. So pulling off the road and seeing a sight is easier. I'd rather travel rural roadways across a state, stopping in little towns, talking with the waitress at the diner who has been there for 20+, seeing the covered bridge I'd never heard about, and getting to my destination in twice the time than sprinting along the super slab. Really have no desire to ride from bar to bar in towns and cities near where I already live, the inside of the Eagles Lodge or the VFW or the local watering hole is just not the "sight" that I'm looking to see.

If not for Covid (and now recovering from hand surgery) we would have ridden the 2 lane roads following the old path of Route 66 this summer. Had the trip planned out but all the hotels along the route closed. Now they are open and my hand is not healed enough to ride. But we routed the trip OFF the interstate, following some of the original "mother road" path, some of the re-routed paths. Using only Interstate to cross over the Mississippi river on the bridge and a few other unavoidable spots. A detour was planned to run up to the Grand Canyon too. Probably doing the trip next year.

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    That sounds like a great time. I'm thinking about a major trip next year with some friends, just have to work something out with the wife as she doesn't really care for long trips on the bike. Looking at her flying out to meet us, I'm still working on it ;) We did manage a Cincinnati trip this year (from Terre Haute). All two lane, through Brown County, etc. stopping along like way as you described. A 2.5 hr trip in the car took us around 5.5 hrs on the bike.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    We went around all 5 Great Lakes, across the St Lawrence Seaway and 70+% of that was on 2 lane roads. We did a grand total of about 9 miles on the interstate, most of that was crossing the might Mac bridge. Gone for almost a month, that was last July.

That sounds like fun. Getting off the beaten path is the way to go.

I always like crossing the Macinac Bridge. Looking straight down into the water on the grated section is awesome.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Sitting in a hotel in Mena Arkansas right now. Tomorrow riding the Telamina Trail into Oklahoma on my way to the Texas Hill Country. Rode some fantastic two lanes through Missouri and Arkansas he last two days.

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Very nice. Not near the length of trip for me, but I just cleaned her up for a few days in Brown County. A few of us rented an AirBNB right in the middle of Little Nashville, hope to get some good riding in while still keeping the wife happy.

20200913_200508.jpg
    20200913_200402.jpg

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Just outside San Antonio tonight. Going to downtown tomorrow then riding the Twisted Sisters out in the Texas Hill Country. Supposted to be a lot of nice riding out this way.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Just outside San Antonio tonight. Going to downtown tomorrow then riding the Twisted Sisters out in the Texas Hill Country. Supposted to be a lot of nice riding out this way.

I've heard that as well, have fun, be safe :rockwoot: Looks to be pretty warm there (90's) so stay hydrated :ingo:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Looks like you are healing nicely. FWIW, I have a partially amputated left thumb, doesn't affect my riding and my finger gun, while functional is now a curio/relic.

It was both gross and entertaining when one day the edge of the dead skin on the stump just kinda curled up and I was able to peel it off like a hellish orange

Top Bottom