motorcyclist where did you go, or good place to ride to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Google the overlook restaurant in Leavenworth, IN. Make sure you take 135 through brown county, then after you stop and eat take 37 through Paoli, IN. One of the best rides the state has to offer, and the restaurant is cool.

Have to plan your fill-ups on that route because the gas stations aren't to close together. I like to take SR 62 from St. Meinrad up to Sulphur and go south on SR 66 down to Cannelton. Then once I get to Spencer county it is all county roads.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Not sure if the Dragon and the whole Blue Ridge can be done on a 3 day trip, assuming that you are taking a day down and a day back. From just north of Fort Wayne it was 500mile/8hrs down to Pigeon Forge. Did a 13hr day on day 2, then 8hr home on day 3. that be alot of riding. My rearend was sore for a few days. I was on a VTX 1800c with a custom seat.

I plan on riding Brown County later this summer, assuming it ever stops raining.

No, I don't think the Dragon's Tail AND the Blue Ridge parkway is a three day trip. I just took off from Terre Haute and rode all day to Townsend Tennessee. From there is was a liesurely day on the Dragon, we rode it a couple of times then headed home. The trip home after the Dragon was TOO much but we made it, that is why I called it a three day ride.
    Besides I'm in Terre Haute too I have a few miles head start. Hehe :ingo:

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Been driving a truck south on us 31 to sellersburg and I see a sign that warns trucks not to go on SR 160. I really want to take my motortcycle on it now. What kind of road should I expect?

160 is a great road, but it has been re-surfaced with chip and seal between Henryville and Charlestown. Whole road is 22miles of twistys and one long straight away

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Last fall I rode to Point Pleasent WV and back in a day. Thats where the "MOTH MAN" has been seen! It was a really fun day, a bit long for my wife but she can't handle much over 100 miles at a time, me, I'll stop for fuel and keep going till the tank is empty again.
    Of course i have a head start on alot of you guys, I'm down here in the far right corner of the state ;)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Doesn't look like we're going to be able to make it out this weekend. Babysitters are going to be busy.

Plan B is to take the kiddos out to Raceway Park.

Last edited:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Here is a great youtube video. I've watched a bunch of them about the dragon but this is one odf the best. aside from the actual ride videos.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74RQqdUly5U[/ame]

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My buddy and I are working on website right now. It will have maps, tips, and videos of our trip on our motorcycles. It will also deal with some camping stuff too. It is Abovethebars.com, check it out let me know what you think. We just started it this year, so still working on content.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom