• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I was enjoying a short lunchtime ride through the countryside watching the redbuds pop on a senic 30 mph road today. I was riding a metric cruiser about 5~7 mph over the 30mph limit. I saw a sportbike coming up fast from behind...no biggie. This guy had a reversed ball cap for a helmet and sunglasses for eye protection, and a t-shirt. There wasn't any other traffic on the road and I was riding in the middle of my lane on a long straightaway. This guy passed me in my lane, almost touching handlebars, (within 2") while holding his ballcap down on his head with one hand.
    So my question is..... I'm sure he was trying to tell me something, but what message is this guy sending me?. Or...is this just a "hey, y'all look at this" moment? All I could do is shake my head in amazement both at his arrogance and my luck in surviving this goofy incident. :n00b:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just an idiot with likely less than 1,000 miles of riding on that bike.

He probably didn't mean to pass that close, just didn't get out of your way fast enough.

Guys that have been riding for a long time don't need to hold onto their hat, or they're smart enough to put it under the seat.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Just an idiot with likely less than 1,000 miles of riding on that bike.

He probably didn't mean to pass that close, just didn't get out of your way fast enough.

Guys that have been riding for a long time don't need to hold onto their hat, or they're smart enough to put it under the seat.
    You know, that kinda fits...new riders get surprised by the countersteering pressures when they first ride one handed (when they grab for their hat :rolleyes:) Still could'a used a lecture on riding gear,though.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sorry, it was my INGO hat and I did not want to risk losing it.

squid.jpg

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I watched a guy die at Post and Washington a couple of days ago on a bike. Not a good thing to see or remember. Guy did have a helmet on, but it couldn't have, and didn't save him. I really wish bikers would be more cautious.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    OP, what the crotch rocketeer was telling you is that he is "ubercool" and doesn't mind killing you AND him to prove his point.

I've got an FJR myself and don't wish ill on anybody (o.k, o.k., on most anybody) but when I see some asshat doing a wheelie between traffic lanes on 465 in the afternoon traffic I just can't wait to see the ensuing mosh, that hopefully doesn't include an innocent!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I watched a guy die at Post and Washington a couple of days ago on a bike. Not a good thing to see or remember. Guy did have a helmet on, but it couldn't have, and didn't save him. I really wish bikers would be more cautious.
    I really wish motorists would watch for each other better.

disclaimer:I don't ride a motorcycle or have a desire to, but I have seen to many near misses where a car or truck just didn't see the motorcyclist who was doing nothing wrong.

Top Bottom