• Status
    Not open for further replies.

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm interested in attending, but I'd have to carpool as I'm waaaay east of most of you in Randolph County. Also, I've been working a lot of saturdays, is this usually an all day thing? If it's just in the evenings I'm definitely up for it.

See, I'd have to carpool as well. It's not that I'm far away, I just don't have a working car or license. And technically I'm in Franklin with my grandma right now.

corvette tom, if you deside to move to Northern park where I live get a locking gas cap. Somone around here thinks its fun to take them from late model cars. (And to pull the fuel lines from my project.) I don't know how much you know about greenwood but if you wanna know anything just PM me. I've lived here 17 years or so I can give you info on the area if you want.

Last edited:

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    H&R12G said:
    corvette tom, if you deside to move to Northern park where I live get a locking gas cap. Somone around here thinks its fun to take them from late model cars. (And to pull the fuel lines from my project.) I don't know how much you know about greenwood but if you wanna know anything just PM me. I've lived here 17 years or so I can give you info on the area if you want.

I grew up in Northern Park... Greenwood grad. Parents still there but haven't mentioned any recent issues with crime. I must have a garage anyway. ;) Sounds like you need some perimeter defenses. :ar15:

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    No way, I graduated there too. My neighbor one night told me he heard a gunshot. I didn't hear it. I assume he mistook it a car backfiring as a gunshot. They're trying to keep police tight here by posting noise ordinances and not enforcing them. The only real problem Ive had was the neighbor kids "plan" to break into my house while me and my little brother were gone because my mom is visually impared and wouldn't know who they were. I also fight with the white trash across the street a lot. Other than that pretty calm, a speeder going 40 in the neighorhood every once in in a while.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Wherever the dot is for me, I don't think its even in Madison county. Looks like two up in Grant.

Hey there hotfarmboy1... us here in Grant County will welcome our neighbors in Summitville with a red dot on the map. Besides it makes us look stronger here anyhow.

Trying to calm things down where I can make a run way down to a meeting sometime soon.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    No way, I graduated there too. My neighbor one night told me he heard a gunshot. I didn't hear it. I assume he mistook it a car backfiring as a gunshot. They're trying to keep police tight here by posting noise ordinances and not enforcing them. The only real problem Ive had was the neighbor kids "plan" to break into my house while me and my little brother were gone because my mom is visually impaired and wouldn't know who they were. I also fight with the white trash across the street a lot. Other than that pretty calm, a speeder going 40 in the neighborhood every once in in a while.

I grew up in that neighborhood in the 60s-70s. :cheers:
    My dad is ex-Greenwood LEO. He still has connections there so they watch his house extra closely. How do you get word of someone planning to break-in your house? I do suggest that you work on heightened security measures around the house.

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I grew up in that neighborhood in the 60s-70s. :cheers:
    My dad is ex-Greenwood LEO. He still has connections there so they watch his house extra closely. How do you get word of someone planning to break-in your house? I do suggest that you work on heightened security measures around the house.

The neighbor boy that used to live diagnal from me. He overheard them talking about it at school one day and when he got off the bus immediatley came over and told me the same day. Said they were planning on taking off the day from school to do it. It never happened though. Oh, did you know a guy in the neighborhood known as Jim Hale? And it's nice to know some Greenwood Natives. :cheers:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Hey there hotfarmboy1... us here in Grant County will welcome our neighbors in Summitville with a red dot on the map. Besides it makes us look stronger here anyhow.

Trying to calm things down where I can make a run way down to a meeting sometime soon.

Thanks for the welcome! I hope you can make the next meeting. I should be there but I may have to leave early. October is going to get real hard for me to make one.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Once things clam down around the house and we settle in from the move I'd like to get involved with this.

LawDog76 - Chris - Brownsburg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Really? It saved me from getting a few tickets growing up. :rockwoot:

Or upset he gets the extra look??

im upset he gets special treatment. I just dont like that, no matter what uniform you wear or use to wear. just my opinion. I know its gonna happen anyways and theres no way to stop it. its just if i see a crime happening in my neighborhood ACTUALY HAPPENING I cant get them to send a damn cop for nothing, and its not a bad neighborhood. they just dont care I think. but if i was a former cop, they would just drive by all the time.

see what i mean?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    im upset he gets special treatment. I just dont like that, no matter what uniform you wear or use to wear. just my opinion. I know its gonna happen anyways and theres no way to stop it. its just if i see a crime happening in my neighborhood ACTUALY HAPPENING I cant get them to send a damn cop for nothing, and its not a bad neighborhood. they just dont care I think. but if i was a former cop, they would just drive by all the time.

see what i mean?

Perhaps not a good thing, but it's apart of the Brotherhood.

Im sure Rangers recieve deals for something a non-Ranger get hassled with, concerning the Ranger community.

I know my family name has saved my butt afew times; Not that I 'use' it for any specific purpose, other than it's known.

I just call it perks of the territory.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

see what i mean?

That is a problem that some people never see whether military or LEO or other classes of jobs. I live in a smaller town but don't worry to much about police response time since there are about 6 LEO's that live within a 4 block radius of me:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom