• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So, by popular decree, I here-by set the date for the next MSG2 gathering to be August the 14th... LOL

DATE:
    Aug 14 2010

TIME:
    3PM - 5PM - pre-meeting activities, shooting targets, and shootin' the sh!t.
    5PM - feeding the masses
    6ish - learning like mad

RULES/GUIDELINES:
    1 - All rifles, and unattended handguns will NOT be loaded or chambered unless on the FIRING LINE.
    [a] - prefer if people had open chamber indicators while carrying
    2 - EYES AND EARS MUST BE PROTECTED WHEN FIREARMS ARE IN USE
    3 - IF SHOOTING IS ALLOWED, there MUST BE a FIRING LINE, there MUST be a RANGE OFFICER, at all times that
    4 - The 4 rules of safety will apply
    5 - NO drinking if carrying
    6 - NO shooting if you've been drinking AT ALL.
    7 - Any BOUNTY brought can be SHARED among MSG2

Subject matters for discussion:
    7-30 day Bug In Preps

Prepping on a Budget
    Food storage (dholder will be instructing)

Home Defense
    Getting Home
    Urban Skills

I don't expect us to get through every thing at each meeting. This is more to get people thinking, and planning.

Food storage, especially dehydrating, will be the main topic.

FOOD & DRINK:
    Speaking of food, I'd be happy to provide hot dogs and brats again, as well as the same drink options (lemonade, sweet tea, water.) I'm also thinking of making red beans and rice as well. Otherwise, treat it like any family get together (well, family you like.) Another main meat, side dishes, and desserts. If all you can do is kick in a few bucks that's fine as well.

At a future meeting I hope we can all bring a dish prepared from our preps, so put on your thinking caps when it comes to what you might want to bring in the future.

RSVP:
    This time, can everyone please RSVP via PM. It was a bit hard last time keeping track of who was invited. Also indicate if you are bringing guests.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I want to answer someone's question in public so everyone is on the same page.

Will we be shooting? Rifle and/or pistols?
    Shooting is optional, and before (3-5PM) the meeting proper. I've shot rifle .223, 7.62x39, and handgun .38, 9mm, .22LR on my range before. Also black powder.

It's only 50yards long, and can only accommodate 1 or 2 shooters at a time.

I'm hoping to get a load of dirt (or 2 or 3) and get the berm built up better this weekend (we'll see how that flies with the wife.)

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Put me down as comming. I will bring stuff to discuss dehydrating, long term storage, and stocking up on a budget. Please, if you have ANY questions feel free to send me a PM and I will bring that up at the meeting. I'm bringing my food saver and will demonstrate how to vacuum seal mylar, per request of irishfan. P.S. Carpooling from Morgan Co. available.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    anyone have any 4 or 5 gallon mylar bags 4 sale? I just got a bunch of buckets with lids and need mylar bags.

also, is anyone else bringing their wife and or kids? If there wont be any other ladies there then my wife probly wont go this time. but i will still be there anyways.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    E5Ranger...I would suggest a little more transition between asking if anyone has any large mylar bags and if anyone is bringing any kids. We don't want to scare away the "normal" people.:D
    I will be having a guy weekend marathon with Friday night steel, Instructional league on Sat., and then my first USPSA match on Sunday. I would love to make it but I've already upset the balance by having too much fun planned for one weekend. I'll keep lurking until I can make it to one of these.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    E5Ranger...I would suggest a little more transition between asking if anyone has any large mylar bags and if anyone is bringing any kids. We don't want to scare away the "normal" people.:D
    I will be having a guy weekend marathon with Friday night steel, Instructional league on Sat., and then my first USPSA match on Sunday. I would love to make it but I've already upset the balance by having too much fun planned for one weekend. I'll keep lurking until I can make it to one of these.
    :laugh::laugh: yeah, i wasnt thinking lol. thank goodness i didnt ask for rope and a shovel too :):

have fun on your man time!!! im married too and i completely understand the feeling. its like a sin, if we go do something fun for ourselves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom