• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    E5Ranger...I would suggest a little more transition between asking if anyone has any large mylar bags and if anyone is bringing any kids. We don't want to scare away the "normal" people.:D
    I will be having a guy weekend marathon with Friday night steel, Instructional league on Sat., and then my first USPSA match on Sunday. I would love to make it but I've already upset the balance by having too much fun planned for one weekend. I'll keep lurking until I can make it to one of these.

I'm in a similar boat, have weekend stuff with the family so I can't attend. Good luck!

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I'll be there. I vow not to start projects prior to the meeting this time. I've still got the directions from the first meeting, that I missed. Looking forward to it, and finally see what it's all about.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm 90% sure that I'll be there. I need to meet someone for a trade that is on the south side of Indy next weekend anyways. So I can kill two birds with one stone :D

for food which would be better for me to bring? my pulled pork bbq, or spicy mac and cheese?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    My wife and I will bring some brownies to go along with that BBQ pork.

We're looking forward to our first meeting, once we find out the location. We have a pressure cooker for canning and a vacuum sealer that we haven't had a chance to use yet. I know it's not in the schedule for this one, but I have some high powered lights and some experience with Li-ion batteries and chargers. I will be happy to bring them along sometime.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you've PM'd me, I will be sending you the invite, tomorrow. I wanted to get a good batch together, so I could do it all at once.

There will be a vacuum sealers available for use, and dHolder said he'd be showing what you can do with the sealer. He'll also be covering dehydrating of common meat/vegetables, buying in bulk, how to package mixes (soup, bread, cereal,) air absorption techniques, sealing mylar.

I was thinking the class on canning should be later in the year. That way people's gardens can harvest, and there will be enough material to show w/ canning. Do you know how to use the pressure cooker?

HAM radio & other communications, plus power for lights, comm., and other purposes. Backup power, solar power, charging batteries, expedient generators (bike w/ car alternator.)

I will also compile everyone's offer of foods. Both of those sound good hotfarmboy1.

I would also like to request anyone with a digital video recorder to bring theirs.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Agreed, the next meeting should cover canning, unless someone with the skills wants to switch with me. Some gardens are about ready, if not already providing cukes, and tomatoes, with beans and corn soon. If you can, let Keith-Indy know, and we can re schedual?

I'll bring momma bacon bean again, and a treat from the dehydrator to help motivate, fried dried apple pies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The PM invites just went out. Sorry if I've missed anyone.

If you haven't received an invite w/ my address and phone numbers, PM me and I'll get it out ASAP.

Looks like we'll be eating good:
    Hot dogs
    BBQ pork
    Venison burgers
    Pork Chops & Pork Steaks
    Red beans & rice
    Spicey mac & Cheese
    Momma bacon beans
    Salsa & chips
    Brownies

I'll do BBQ pork instead of the brats, and that way hotfarmboy can bring his spicy mac & cheese.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    We have a Glock 19 with new night sights that need adjusted. I've also got a Kahr P9 that needs it's break in done. I might bring a new S&W 642 2.5" that hasn't been fired either. I have a Glock rear sight adjustment tool for those that may need it.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I'll pick up a few pounds of Deviled Egg Salad to bring. Good stuff. Also planning to bring my new K10/22T.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom