12   0   0
    D70bQpyVsAUWZjz.png:large

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So why were they all Dems? Beyond that, why did it drag on as long as it did? These fools turned over every stone they could and then must have done it again. Could the govt spent those dollars more efficiently.

Finally Kut; do you seriously believe this was anything but an attempt at any cost to get rid of Trump? At long last I think we need to get real on this.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's another option. It's called elections. If impeached the outcome will be political. The Democrats will vote for, the Republicans will vote against..presumably. Probably best to let America decide. If you think he's guilty. Vote your conscience. If you think he's innocent. Same. But the political view of Democrats, they don't want America to decide it because that leaves the potential that he could remain as president for an additional two years.
    I can go along with the third option of settling political differences thru elections. The problem lately all to often it becomes more and more difficult for a number of people to honor the results of an election. I try to be objective as i can about the way I see things but I gotta say the way, mostly Democrats going all the way to the top of the party are reacting to Trump being elected has taken us down a dangerous path.

As to the impeachment option in IMO it is used as a political tool by both part'es. That's why I feel Mueller crossed the line into the political realm by basically handing over what amounted to an impeachment referral for the Democrats in Congress to run with for political purposes.. He should never have crossed that line.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As long as they do not bring their politics into their tasked job, then it's not an issue. Keep in mind, that the those on the Muller team were brought together after the FISA warrants, so I'm curious in what ways people thinks their politics would have played a role in how they conducted their investigations. Is working too hard illustrative of this, or are we inferring that those on the Mueller team took criminal actions?
    The FISA warrants that were issued based on a fraudulent dossier? Those warrants shouldn't have been worth the paper they were written on. Hopefully that's what Barr will be able to investigate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The FISA warrants that were issued based on a fraudulent dossier? Those warrants shouldn't have been worth the paper they were written on. Hopefully that's what Barr will be able to investigate.

The entire dossier wasn't fraudulent. The question is (and neither of us know the answer) if the warrants based on dossier would have still been granted had the untrue portions has been absent. I don't know if you know this or not, but an application for a warrant does not need to be completely accurate to be granted.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Probably some sort of NYC/Tammany spat, now being played out on the national stage financed by tax dollars from hard working Americans.
    I believe that's where the bad blood originated years ago.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The entire dossier wasn't fraudulent. The question is (and neither of us know the answer) if the warrants based on dossier would have still been granted had the untrue portions has been absent. I don't know if you know this or not, but an application for a warrant does not need to be completely accurate to be granted.
    Does this also include (unbeknownst to the Judge)i intentually presenting for that approval known unverified inaccuracies as well?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, no, the dossier was fraudulent in that it was presented to the FISA court as legitimate intelligence, when it was actually a paid opposition research dosser from Fusion GPS. Some or none of the contents may be true. For the portions you believe to be true, please post it, and we can go through the Mueller report to fact check it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

If it's inaccurate, then those presenting it shouldn't know it's inaccurate. Since they DID know full well that it (all or in part) was inaccurate and presented it to the judge as being accurate, that makes the whole thing a fraud.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Prosecutorial protocol dictates that if you can’t bring charges then you shouldn’t be commenting on potential wrong doing.

Mueller broke protocol with his political statement by basically saying that they didn’t have the confidence to exonerate the President on the issue of obstruction but because of standing DOJ rules it prohibits indicting a sitting president. Then he goes on to tell Congress there is another option for dealing with potential wrongdoing.

He basically gives the impression to Congress that his Special Counsel believes there may be a case for wrongdoing but thier hands are bound by DOJ rules and they should run with impeachment.

This was an intentional political statement by Mueller. Something that breaks with protocol and it calls into question his integrity all along.

In hindsight he should have been fired IMO.

Mueller can't indict anyone (not even a ham sandwich) He needs a grand jury for that, and no OLC opinion changes that one whit.

I think Mueller is trying to get right with his only possible future employers by keeping the ambiguity about the investigation alive. I think he screwed up again because long before the next election the truth will out about how Russia! Russia! Russia! really was inculcated

I don't really see an endgame in this for the Democrats. If they time it to overlap the 2020 elections in the hope of getting a few more Democratic senators, what will they do if they fail that and Trump is re-elected or they lose ground in the house

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As long as they do not bring their politics into their tasked job, then it's not an issue. Keep in mind, that the those on the Muller team were brought together after the FISA warrants, so I'm curious in what ways people thinks their politics would have played a role in how they conducted their investigations. Is working too hard illustrative of this, or are we inferring that those on the Mueller team took criminal actions?

He isn't not saying that Mueller's team had conflicts of interest :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't know how it can't be political at this point. You have FBI agents talking about insurance policies against having Trump as president. Then they used the dossier as evidence for a FISA warrant without disclosing that it was from opposition research. And then there's the Muller investigation. And the conclusion. And the report. And now his press conference. What he said was quite political. If he thought Trump should be impeached he should have said that in his report. Instead, he implies it. Kenneth Star was a similar witch hunt. And he said what Bill Clinton was guilty of.

If Trump was not guilty enough to say it. Then he's not guilty enough to be impeached. It smells an awful lot to me like Mueller had some personal feelings about this. And there's a reason why he went on like that in the press conference. **** or get off the pot dude. Trump's either guilty or he's not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mueller can't indict anyone (not even a ham sandwich) He needs a grand jury for that, and no OLC opinion changes that one whit.

I think Mueller is trying to get right with his only possible future employers by keeping the ambiguity about the investigation alive. I think he screwed up again because long before the next election the truth will out about how Russia! Russia! Russia! really was inculcated

I don't really see an endgame in this for the Democrats. If the time it to overlap the 2020 elections in the hope of getting a few more Democratic senators, what will they do if they fail that and Trump is re-elected or they lose ground in the house
    I never said that Mueller has the authority to make an indictment all by himself. The overall point is that Mueller did'nt present an indictment referral for obstruction sighting OLC opinion.

My point was that if he knew he could not do so in the first place then he should not have been commenting on potential wrongdoing. I stand by my assertion that Mueller's statement was political in nature when he advised Congress that there are remedies other than judicial to achieve disciplinary action that his Special Counsel could not provide.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, I quite agree. The fact that Ken Starr could not indict Clinton did not not stop him from delineating all of Clinton's wrong-doings that he had found solid evidence of. If Mueller had clear evidence, why didn't he say so? Because the ambiguity is what they most want. They can't prove anything but they want to be able to continue to rake the muck - much like Comey would tell Trump privetely he was not under investigation but would not say so publicly because it was important that he be left twisting in the wind

Edit: Perhaps read the second paragraph of my quote again

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh, I quite agree. The fact that Ken Starr could not indict Clinton did not not stop him from delineating all of Clinton's wrong-doings that he had found solid evidence of. If Mueller had clear evidence, why didn't he say so? Because the ambiguity is what they most want. They can't prove anything but they want to be able to continue to rake the muck - much like Comey would tell Trump privetely he was not under investigation but would not say so publicly because it was important that he be left twisting in the wind

Edit: Perhaps read the second paragraph of my quote again
    Duly noted and I think we’re on the same page.

I also believe that Mueller is participating in the raking of the muck by officially handing off the baton to Congress and encouraging them to do something that is a politically based process and very divisive to the detriment of the country

I think he feels that Trump is guilty of something and he wants to see him pay.

As I’ve said before IMO Mueller ventured out of his lane into the political realm. That’s what I meant by breaking with DOJ protocol.

He should not have done that.

Top Bottom