• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Mishawaka here. Happy to meet with anyone here or in Elkhart.

I've been a hobby knifemaker for about 5 years now and am more than happy to show people in the area how to make basic blades.

Would especially like to have some sort of accountability partner for getting back into shape. I need to get back to the top of my game.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Area 1, South Bend Here.

I can offer information regarding metallurgy, materials science, failure analysis, have various gunfighting training videos, also web design and computers (building, fixing, de-virusing)...although I'm not sure how much of this stuff will help in a SHTF situation.

I also successfully just converted a Saiga 7.62 into an AK. I could help with that.

Working on dropping some weight so co-training, etc. may be good. Lost about 50 lbs last year, and working on another 60 this year.

PS: I'll actually be bugging out to Area 2 if that is required, so maybe put me on that list as well.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Hey all

Put your thinking cap on.

List 5 things you do well and five weaknesses. Talk it over with like minded persons and see if you can use these two lists to build teamwork. Share or keep to yourself, but it would be a solid conversation starter.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Hey all

Put your thinking cap on.

List 5 things you do well and five weaknesses. .

web.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Southside indy here. do we have a network in this area?

1. weapons & tactics
    2. martial arts
    3. survival preps and execution of plan
    4. navigation
    5. communications (any)
    6. strong and proven medical trauma knowledge (highest civilian cert: First Responder) (military cert is much higher: in comparison to a civilian EMT-A)

I have no weaknesses :) if i did I wouldnt publicly list them. (although the nachos look good!!, maybe thats a weakness)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    To be honest, guys.... with my job the way that it is, I may have to release the "hat" to someone else. I just don't have time to plan trainings/meetings/etc. That, and I have other extra-curricular activities that I've had more time/effort/money into.

If anyone wants to pick up the hat, I'll gladly hand it over and I'll help that head guy/gal in any way I can.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    MSP on steroids - Has anyone ever considered Locations to setup shop. I mean in a SHTF situation, numbers are spread we do ourselves little justice, correct?

But what about setting up a location, out in the middle of BFE Indiana, were food can be canned stored, housing and possible other aspects of maintaining a civilization can be kept?

I live in Indianapolis, and I cringe to think about the hike it would take to move myself and family out of this area, and then ask "WHERE TO GO NOW?"

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I've given it some consideration, some place down in southern indiana, but just have not got around to it. Not sure what the prices are, but would love to find an acre or so that I could do just that on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I've given it some consideration, some place down in southern indiana, but just have not got around to it. Not sure what the prices are, but would love to find an acre or so that I could do just that on.

I was driving through Martinsville area, country Indiana, and I must say, they live in paradice compared to Indianapolis.

Bought a home in the "Inner city" area, and it's like a freakin warzone. acouple gang members near dusk decided they'd get into a fire-fight; small-arms, pistol fire - Nothing significantly powerful, but all it takes is one stray bullet. Mind you this one the same street but a block away.

Highly disturbing? It's happened several times, and I've only owned this house under a year.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Yep, I was at the Chuckee Cheese in Castleton, it was horrible. I grow up on the Northside, and went there often as a young child.

It's now ran as some sort of Night club, My 1 year old daughter was hassled, by an older child, and then the same child a half hour later attempted to steal her brand new doll. I was furious.

Talked to one of my bankers and her purse was stolen 2 months earlier...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    But what about setting up a location, out in the middle of BFE Indiana, were food can be canned stored, housing and possible other aspects of maintaining a civilization can be kept?

I live in Indianapolis, and I cringe to think about the hike it would take to move myself and family out of this area, and then ask "WHERE TO GO NOW?"

I agree 100%, and am in the same situation. Unfortunately, finances right now allow me to buy NOTHING in the way of secluded land anywhere. The best I can hope for is to make it to a friend's property, but I'm worried about getting there (it's nearly a two hour drive in ideal conditions), plus it's on the far side of, but still close to, Crane.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Perhaps some serious individuals maybe interested in a group buy? Even those without money could help with some laborous tasks?

The aspect of 'actually getting there' is a whole new ordeal, but the end all, is that it would exist. Which might be more than enough for others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom