• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just rode to Plainfield with a business partner today. I mentioned the school shooting the the possible ban coming. He said the assault rifles should be banned along with anthing that held more than 3 rounds. BTW, he is not anti-gun just misinformed.

I did tell him that during the last ban, gun violance did not go down and when the ban was expired,nothing changed. He did not have anything to say. I also told him the gun was not the problem it is the people.

People say things they know nothing about. Hell, let's ban this or add more laws. They think that is the answer. These people need to be educated by the people who do know. Our drive by media is not going to help.

We, as law abiding gun owners, need to do as much as we can. As I have lurked through many threads in the past, there seem to be several who know plenty about the laws and statistics. etc. Those who do not know as much can learn. If we can educate one person, that is a start.

Turf Doctor

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I'm guessing if they had today's government with the Patriot Act, NDAA, TSA, NSA, warrentless search and seizure, "legal" assassination with no due process, etc., they probably would have carried semi-auto's as well.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I'm guessing if they had today's government with the Patriot Act, NDAA, TSA, NSA, warrentless search and seizure, "legal" assassination with no due process, etc., they probably would have carried semi-auto's as well.

I'd be willing to bet they would have organized and USED their semi-auto's LONG before all of those issues were even implemented. However, that's almost impossible now, as anyone even discussing organizing a revolt is considered a homeland terrorist and is put on a watchlist, if not detained, depending on how far they go with their organization efforts.

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    Ask your freind a simple question, how did this monster or any of them get to where the attrosity occured. This one had his car parked in the bus loading, unloading zone. Had he been 15 minutes earlier or maybe he was there watching as the children entered the school. Where would we be had he driven that car through the mass of children entering the school ? How many 5-7 year olds would he have killed with that 2 ton car. Would the Obamas and feinsteins be screaming to ban 4 door fords, hatchback chevys, or god forbid f-250 trucks. You cannot stop a mind set on murder singular or mass. You can only stop the body doing it physically when it happens with greater force or prevent the mind of that person from going down that path to begin with.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    All I know is the next time someone uses the drivers license for a car bit, I'm going to remind them that said license is valid in ANY state. I can drive my car to a school, shopping mall, onto federal property, etc. and nobody can or will raise a fuss with that at all. If they're OK with letting me carry ANYWHERE I want to go and not be harasses by ANY-effing-body, I might not have a problem with that ;). You don't get to have your cake and it eat it too though.

Driving is not a right guaranteed under the constitution. It is state offered privilege.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    "It's a Constitutional right. It's there to protect us against the government stripping more of our Constitutional rights. If that makes you uncomfortable, **** you."

Sorry there aren't any charts or graphs, but they are unnecessary. You either support Constitutional rights, or you don't. If they don't support my right under the Second, I'm uninterested in listening to the blather they produce under the protection of the First.

And vice versa and that is part of the problem... They refuse to hear what you have to say because they come in 100% defensive.

Simply saying "**** you I don't want to here it" is throwing a good opportunity for you to stand up for your rights in the most effective way possible... with discussion.

I for one want to here what they have to say.... not necessarily to change my mind, but to understand their mindset. Its the only way to create a useful defense....

The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.​
    Sun Tzu

Top Bottom