• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    My deepest condolences. I've lost jobs, marriages, and grandparents. I've tried to console my daughter after our first granddaughter was still born and I was standing at my father's bed side as he drew his final breath. Carrying Chester out to the car for his final ride is by far the most difficult and painful thing that I have ever done.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Sorry for your loss.

I used to have Springer named Bull. Weighed around 70 pounds in his prime. He was a beast. I have had Labs since, but that Springer was still the best retriever I've had.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Our pets have a way of becoming a special part of our families. When they are gone it takes a part of our hearts with them, but we are usually better for having the time we did with them. Pets are great companions. Sorry for your family's loss.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    If feel sorry for your loss. I do hope that time will heal your heart,you will always have the memories of you two feeding the horses together.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sorry for your loss. We just went through this last fall with our buddy. 11 wonderful years we had together. I still miss him.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Reading this brings back so many memories.
    Honey was my hardest, she had cancer in her neck lymph nodes. We chose to just treat with prednisone because of her age, she was almost 14. The vet said we would know when it was time, and we did. I remember laying on the floor at the vet with her. They told me take as much time as I needed. I think we layed there for a half hour, tears rolling down my face, just holding her. Her ashes are on top of the gun safe now, along with her partner, Winston. He had passed 6 mths before her at 15.

My deepest condolences. It really is a hard pill to swallow.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We just put our oldest Sheltie down last Friday. The rest of the pack is a bit confused because she was the Alpha.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    TM, sorry to hear of your buddy's passing. It is so difficult when you have shared years of friendship. Their devotion is so unconditional.

About 1-1/2 years ago we had to let our "Bubba" go after 14 years. Very difficult. But we found "Rowdy", springer mix, at the local shelter. Such a smart, energetic guy who acts like a fun loving 5 year old kid. He is going to keep this sexagenarian young.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My condolences for your loss.

Our pets take up a big space in our hearts and when they leave us, they leave a big hole. I think God gave us pets for a number of reasons. Companionship is one. Another is to remind us that those we love will only be around for a short amount of time and we never know when that time will be up. Even our own time. What can we learn from learn from this?

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    TM, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your dog's daily life with your story about feeding the horses.

Top Bottom