• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Awww...sorry for your loss. :( Sounds like he had a great life with you.
    The red dog in my avatar will be 14 in May. Poor ol' boy, he tries to be tough, but he's a senile old man now, can barely see or hear and is getting frail. I hope I know when/if it's time.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I’m sorry for your loss and hope your family is strengthened by the many wonderful times you had with her.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Sorry OP, this little picture always comes to mind when this unfortunate time happens

9Hg0qdbh.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Condolences on your loss, good sir. Miss the ones I've had to put down. Growing up on the farm, you learn early that critters pass before we do usually. I still manage to get attached to one occasionally.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Thanks folks. I have to really thanks and can’t express that in a few words..even if I had them I can’t believe the number of well wishes you have given me.
    It hit me last night when I came home and she usually found me.
    She had selective hearing and was pretty blind. She would run and play with me some.. got around great for her age. I didn’t know how much she meant to me and how attached I was.
    I have two younger male springer spaniel and they look for her. If she wandered off I would tell them to go find her and they would bring her back Tim

Flyingbrian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Plainfield
    I have a daushound that is 15 years old. He cant here a thing any more and does not see that well. Reading your story touched my heart because I know my dogs time is coming sooner rather than later. My wife and I have discussed many times how lucky we have been to have him as a part of our family for so many years. We have a younger Daushound that is 8 years old and I don’t think she will do well when the older one goes not to mention my wife and I

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    my condolences...
    it's never easy, the wife and i rescued a GSD/mix from a local shelter when we 1st moved into our house. we got the dog that NOBODY wanted. she'd been fostered, and adopted several times, but was always returned to the shelter. she was an excellet watch dog, kept track of everything that moved around the house, but was an excellent companion.. she had some issues with arthritis, and was nearly completely blind couple years ago she just wasnt acting normal, wouldnt eat, or even get up. we took her to the emergency vet, they ran some tests and took some exrays...
    less than an hour after we arrived i could tell she was dying, ultimately due to side effects of the meds she was on.
    ive cried twice in my adult life, once when we dad unexpectedly passed away in '78, and the next morning when i buried shadow under a maple tree in the back yard....
    the house was empty, and eerily quiet, except for the wife and i.....
    a week later we rescued Blitz, another GSD/mix from another local shelter..
    he will never fill the the void left by Shadow, but he's a good boy none the less :)

:cheers:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    My 14 year old springer spaniel died today. Heart failure. Went to the vet this morning and couldn’t see her suffer anymore. For the last several years she would go and help me feed the horses, she loved the grain we feed. She followed me all over every morning. Last few months she had been slowed down by cataracts and Saturday she really acted strangely. A trip to the vet and some meds and she was seemingly doing better. That changed so fast for which I am grateful!
    My grand daughters used her for a pillow growing up, not the first growl when they used her ears to pull themselves up learning to walk. They slept with her in her doggie bed. A great dog. She was a rescue and we had her for the last 10 years I saw her go to sleep and finally look peacefull. I buried her next to companion max (another springer) and a St. Bernard named Madison.
    I know the dog lovers here understand. Thanks all
    Sorry for your loss hope you and yours are doing OK.

Top Bottom