• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I dunno if that's what he thinks, but if that's what he's hoping for, you best not disappoint!!

Roll in with the cavalry.

-Nate

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I live in a neighborhood with an HOA and don't really have a problem with it. The rules and enforcement are reasonable and minimal. The rules we do have help to make the neighborhood nicer and protect property values. Prior to moving here, I would have generally considered myself anti-HOA.

It's a sad commentary on our society when people have to be blackmailed into keeping up their property. Folks used to do that on their own.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The HOA is a red herring. This has to do with a people that are anti-social. By the simple fact that there is close proximity, there is conflict with this guy. Having an HOA gives this guy a stick to swing, but he find lots of sticks no matter what.

Chances are if you think this guy is a whackjob so do the other neighbors. They either are afraid because he is a bully or simply don't live close enough that it matters to them.

Of course if everyone else thinks this guy is great perhaps the problem is you;)

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    These are called "first world problems."

If your brother lives in a $350,000+ house he may have some issues but I'm not sure I'd call them problems. Tell him to keep to himself, ignore the neighbor, and absolutely phone the boys whenever something appears to be problematic.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    His neighbor has threatened to kill him over stupid things. The police are now involved.

My brother has two kids under 6 and the police think the neighbor has issues. Neighbor has been given a no contact order and to stay off my brothers property. However crazy neighbor is 30 feet away. The neighborhood is a mix of homes from $350,000 to $600,000.

Neighbor is a Hoa nazi and freaks out when people park in front of his home. His wife is almost as crazy and they are retired with no family. He even called the city over kids toys left on the rear porch and a dangerous sandbox at my brothers home.

Threatened killings and police involvement? It's too late now. The only thing left to do is to drive the guy nuts.
    1; He can respond by going nuts, in which case the police (who are already involved) will fix it.
    2; He can respond by breaking, and as a broken man pleading for a detente.
    3; He can respond by retreating deeper into his paranoia and becoming a hermit, never to be seen again.

Look, he has assets. If he moves to violence or destruction your brother will simply take what he owns as payment. Otherwise it must be easy enough to drive the guy underground.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The Farmland conservation club (you know, 'round the corner), bothers me almost as much as the Winchester speedway two miles down 32 the other way. Not at all. When my more immediate neighbors shoot, I enjoy guessing the caliber. And one has said he wondered what that ringing sound was when I practice supressed in the back yard.
    Yup, I sure do miss town. Not.

Too bad for me that I can't hear the shooting there where I am in town.
    Where is that shooting club?
    -A neighbor

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    His neighbor has threatened to kill him over stupid things. The police are now involved.

My brother has two kids under 6 and the police think the neighbor has issues. Neighbor has been given a no contact order and to stay off my brothers property. However crazy neighbor is 30 feet away. The neighborhood is a mix of homes from $350,000 to $600,000.

Neighbor is a Hoa nazi and freaks out when people park in front of his home. His wife is almost as crazy and they are retired with no family. He even called the city over kids toys left on the rear porch and a dangerous sandbox at my brothers home.

Sounds like my former dickheaded neighbor who moved recently.

I told Mini Miguel I'd give him $20 to go over and ask the guy if he needed help loading the truck since, "my dad would prefer you move as soon as possible..." but he wouldn't take me up on it. Too much for a 9 year old I guess. :laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yup. The good ole days. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm living in the house that my dad built and it was one of the first in our neighborhood. There has never been a HOA here, and people do keep up their properties. Most have lived here for decades. Why do you suppose these folks can be trusted to keep up properties while apparently others can't without some kind of enforced policies to keep them in line? :dunno:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Well, I'm living in the house that my dad built and it was one of the first in our neighborhood. There has never been a HOA here, and people do keep up their properties. Most have lived here for decades. Why do you suppose these folks can be trusted to keep up properties while apparently others can't without some kind of enforced policies to keep them in line? :dunno:

I think the French/fancy term for it is nouveau riche.

Some jerks start making money and think their **** doesn't stink. Oddly, and I don't say this to judge, but I rarely see neighbors with kids who gripe about ****. It's always the empty nesters or DINKS with ugly assed little dogs who moan about a min-soccer goal or cache of Nerf guns left on the lawn.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the French/fancy term for it is nouveau riche.

Some jerks start making money and think their **** doesn't stink. Oddly, and I don't say this to judge, but I rarely see neighbors with kids who gripe about ****. It's always the empty nesters or DINKS with ugly assed little dogs who moan about a min-soccer goal or cache of Nerf guns left on the lawn.

I wonder too if it's the fact that we as a society have become more mobile. People are less likely to get a job, buy a home, stay at said job from hiring to retirement and continue to live in that home. People are changing jobs every few years and often that involves moving to another town or even another state. Look at all the McMansions and vinyl villages that have sprung up with cookie cutter houses and tiny little yards. Housing has become just another disposable item now. And I'm not knocking that necessarily. It is what it is. But maybe that's why it has become necessary to make sure they're taking care of their places while they do live there. If you know you're likely to move in a couple of years, maybe upkeep isn't a big priority.

Top Bottom