My Dad needs your prayers...I do too.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I cannot imagine being in your situation. I fear the day I have to get that news. It’s a blessing you get to spend time with him and are able to cherish the time you have left together, reminds me not to take the little moments for granted. Will definitely pray for you and your dad. Really sorry to hear

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Praying for you and your family. It’s tough and sorry to hear about your situation brother. Blessings to you and your family!! To your dad.. peace beyond understanding.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hate you, cancer.

I'll pray for you and your family, Rick. I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

Let's all pray that God will reveal the cure to this dreaded disease to some doctor or scientist soon.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    You and your father may not show emotion, but tears have been shed to the west my friend. I am not typically a praying man, my beliefs are uncertain. But I will actively send out to God, the universe, the unknown the most heartfelt prayer I can muster for strength for you and your family to support you along this journey.

I have often thought I would find some comfort with such a diagnosis for myself - kind of If I have to die, at least I can prepare. But to have that knowledge of a loved one is a burden I wish on no one.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm sorry man, I'm sure that this is going to be rough! Both my parents have had cancer and while they both pulled through I know some of the stress. I'll try and remember to pray for you from time to time and check in on some threads.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I kept my mouth shut until you went public, but I figure there's a reason my trip got canceled and I stopped in when I did. Goes without saying, whatever you need.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Prayers for you and yours!

Reminds me of this prayer/blessing my great gramma taught me. It goes something like this.

"May God give you...
    For every storm, a rainbow,
    For every tear, a smile,
    For every care, a promise,
    And a blessing in each trial.
    For every problem life sends,
    A faithful friend to share,
    For every sigh, a sweet song,
    And an answer for each prayer.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sad to hear that, you have our best wishes and prayers. On a positive note, the same cancer claimed my grandfather, but it took 5 years. They are probably better at treatment these days than 30 years ago.

Top Bottom