• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I googled "mooregunworks discount code" and the search results were a bunch of FFL and ATF links. I'll guess I'll just call the Feds and see if they have a valid discount code. :):

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    What kind of tolerance do you get between the barrel and
    I which area? Front of barrel is a little oversized to the slide so material is removed from muzzle end of barrel so it contacts properly when in battery.
    Hood of barrel is pretty much press fit and upper lugs lock up tight when locking up on lower lugs.

It kind of depends on what end results I am looking for.
    I tend to fit everything so that it requires a little break in phase. But can cut things with a little more tolerance if desired.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I which area? Front of barrel is a little oversized to the slide so material is removed from muzzle end of barrel so it contacts properly when in battery.
    Hood of barrel is pretty much press fit and upper lugs lock up tight when locking up on lower lugs.

I tend to fit everything so that it requires a little break in phase. But can cut things with a little more tolerance if desired.
    Do those tolerances change your fitting depending on material to compensate for different expansion rates? i.e. SS vs carbon steel or are the diffs negligible?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    in my limited experience those differences are negligible. I have fit several with stainless and carbon steel and once the gun is broke in it holds its tolerances for many thousands of rounds.
    so no I don't compensate for different metals. That's just me though. your results may vary

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart

Sorry I was not specific enough. Between the end of the barrel and slide since it doesn't have a bushing.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Sorry I was not specific enough. Between the end of the barrel and slide since it doesn't have a bushing.
    Many of the 1911's and 2011's run bull barrels now. lock up is just as good or batter then a bushing barrel in many cases

Top Bottom