• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Man, this evening we had made a pork roast that came wrapped in one of them net things. We slow roasted and pulled it and I left the net on a plate with some extra meat to clean for the dogs. I was outside and wife turned her back for 5 minutes and the darn fool knocked the plate off the stove and eat net and all!!

Sure hope this don't stop him up....he is a big beagle, hoping it comes out ok.

Anyone know if these nets are digestible?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Saw a dog taking a dump and the turd was hanging and dragging behind him. He had eaten something with strings and part of the string was still inside him bum.

The owner had to assist him after he caught him. The more it dangled and bounced the faster the dog ran. Sure glad it wasn't my pooch.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My ex bosses dog and a taste for trash bags. They didn't pass easily. they used to get caught half way out. Eww. He used to have to chase the stupid thing around and pull it out. Keep an eye on the pup. If he doesn't pass it in a day or so get him checked out. I doubt those things digest well.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If your fur bearing varmint has a piece of string dangling, do NOT pull it out, cut it off. If you pull it and it has to turn a corner in there against tension deeper in, it can dig in and cause a severe cut, then the poor thing's really in trouble.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If your fur bearing varmint has a piece of string dangling, do NOT pull it out, cut it off. If you pull it and it has to turn a corner in there against tension deeper in, it can dig in and cause a severe cut, then the poor thing's really in trouble.

Good advice for ALL mammals :shady:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Thanks for the info folks.......looks like my dog decided to get it out the way it went in. I found the net this morning in a pile of upchuck. I must say that net was a lot cleaner coming out than when I last seen it. Stomach must have not been able to handle it, or something.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Thanks for the info folks.......looks like my dog decided to get it out the way it went in. I found the net this morning in a pile of upchuck. I must say that net was a lot cleaner coming out than when I last seen it. Stomach must have not been able to handle it, or something.

That's probably the best way! Our pit bull decided to pass something stringy he had eaten while we were on a walk one day. Husband walked away like he didn't know us!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Our border collie/pit bull mix ate a multi colored stuffed animal once when she was younger, didn't cause any issues, but her turds were multi colored and fuzzy, kinda neat, I was gonna laquer it and save it but the wife wouldn't let me.:(

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    My lab ate a round steak bone. Had to be 2" in diameter. Just swallowed it like a pill. Been years ago so I guess no problem.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Daughter lab/pit loves dryer sheets... Poo is soft and smells like April showers... But she has to pull them out some times.. Our springer spaniel likes cotton balls.. Not so hard to pass.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Black lab eats (at least bits of) anything small enough to fit in her mouth that's in reach. I thought they were supposed to grow out of that. She ate my archery target. She ate a bottle of roundup once. Headphones were always a favorite, and two pairs of my prescription glasses. So far nothing stringy.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Now that you mention it. The wife had a banana cake sitting on back of the counter. Our lab/mix got to the top layer. She was pissed. This dog has been one of the most challenging dogs we have ever had.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Our Yorkie/Chihuahua got a hold of a Ghirardelli chocolate one time. Somehow I ended up being the one that had to take it from her...

Top Bottom