• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Good God, I wasn't comparing a dog to a firearm I was referencing the ignorant getting themselves all whipped up into a frenzy about something they obviously know nothing about. "Pit Bull" isn't a breed of dog and there is no such thing as an "assault rifle" yet we hear both terms pissed about by those who don't care to be educated before deciding they have an informed opinion.

It's disappointing when people who can see the stupidity in the type of thinking that allows people to call for the banning of firearms jump right into bed with that kind of thinking when it comes to something they don't like.

Now there's "no such thing" as a pit bull. :laugh:

Everybody knows when an "assault rifle" is mentioned that it's not a Ruger Vaquero that's being talked about.
    And everyone knows what type of dog a pit bull is.

Semantics aside, I haven't seen anyone in this thread calling for a ban on them, unless I missed it.
    Personally, I have no use for them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Like I mentioned, no need to be correct. The term pit bull was made up by an uneducated idiot and latched on to by others.

"Formal breeds often considered in North America to be of the pit bull type include the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP] The American Bulldog is also sometimes included."

The term "pit bull" has been in common usage in the English language for decades, and as evidenced by your post, it is quite well known which breeds fall into this category.
    Whether this term can be considered a result of idiocy is subjective, likely dependent on the level of butthurt experienced by the observer.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Getting awefully close to calling INGOers Idiota, are we not.

What is the rule about losing for calling names.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I grew up agricultural, any animal can turn on you for reasons no one will understand. It just happens sometimes.

When I moved out on my own, I was done with animals, having taken care of them for years.

It's fine if other folks want to keep them, I'm just not interested.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I grew up agricultural, any animal can turn on you for reasons no one will understand. It just happens sometimes.

When I moved out on my own, I was done with animals, having taken care of them for years.

It's fine if other folks want to keep them, I'm just not interested.
    Yet here you are on INGO interacting with animals all the time!:laugh:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I thought :ingo: had been tamed. The idiocy, stupidity, name calling and irrationality :nuts: had been banned and driven away to the Indiana gun owners blog, I thought. I guess the demise of that one brought the craziness back here. :ugh:

Along with the craziness came some very good laughs. Entertaining, this thread is. Sad, but entertaining. :laugh:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    M5Edz.gif

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I watched a pit get loose in N. Illinois. As it ran across the street a police officer decided to dispatch it. Not being trained at shooting fast moving small targets, She missed the pit twice. Please, know your back stop if you decide to pull the trigger on the street. One of the rounds bounced off the street and went through the outside wall of my next door neighbor's house. Other round was never found. If possible, shoot down on the animal and not on a paved or concrete surface.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom