• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I thought I would add this to the list of unrelated random incidents that do not prove anything about the breed that imitates the Energizer bunny and just keeps on going and going and going, but can't be blamed for its violent actions because it is really docile breed.

Pit bull mauls Petsmart worker during grooming

I know, it is just the poor owners. Perhaps this will motivate the owners in our forum to encourage others to be more tolerant of this misunderstood and abused breed.

Who takes their short-haired dog to a groomer anyway. How hard is it to give a dog a bath?

And, among the pitbulls I've owned, there wasn't a one that would have trusted to leave at a groomer, or with people I didn't know. In my mind THATS ignorance.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Do you ever watch Pit Bulls and Parolees on Animal Planet? The folks on there have done wonders with pits from all different backgrounds, including dog fight operations. They really do great work. They also take in other breeds, and in fact I think they started out as just a general "animal rescue". They even take in cats.

https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/pitbulls-and-parolees/

I've see the show. I applaud there efforts. It seems like they truly "rehabilitate" the dogs. Those dogs are a different story.

But the rescues around here seem to just foster the dogs and the dogs seem fine. But most people/rescues aren't smart enough to work on or even know the triggers that set them off. They say the dog is great with kids, and they might very well be. But they have been taught to "trigger" on certain actions, words, etc. Those kind of rescues are what bothers me. the dogs are given plenty of love. But the average foster is not a rehab expert. They have no real training in rehabbing an animal that has been taught to be aggressive.

I love the dog. I love the breed. They are very affectionate. They are very people friendly by nature. They crave attention Belly rubs, petting cuddling. If you are looking for a great companion they are one. They are smart. A hand full of idiot owners ruin the reputation of a beautiful dog.

Smiller. Yeah, it's the owner. People some people are just freaken idiots and should never be allowed to own a dog.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I love the dog. I love the breed. They are very affectionate. They are very people friendly by nature. They crave attention Belly rubs, petting cuddling. If you are looking for a great companion they are one. They are smart. A hand full of idiot owners ruin the reputation of a beautiful dog.

How dare you suggest that they don't fall from the womb with a blood lust which won't be quenched no matter how many people they maul.

It's almost like you've spent a minute or two around them or something.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

How dare you suggest that they don't fall from the womb with a blood lust which won't be quenched no matter how many people they maul.

It's almost like you've spent a minute or two around them or something.

Yeah, my bad. This guys is dangerous as hell. Just look at the evil in those eyes.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Pitbulls are good and white people are bad?

Putting the shoe on the other hand, though, I'm not sure comparing gun owners to "pitbulls" is a particularly good strategy....

Remedial training required.

1911ly said:
    I've see the show. I applaud there efforts. It seems like they truly "rehabilitate" the dogs. Those dogs are a different story.

But the rescues around here seem to just foster the dogs and the dogs seem fine. But most people/rescues aren't smart enough to work on or even know the triggers that set them off. They say the dog is great with kids, and they might very well be. But they have been taught to "trigger" on certain actions, words, etc. Those kind of rescues are what bothers me. the dogs are given plenty of love. But the average foster is not a rehab expert. They have no real training in rehabbing an animal that has been taught to be aggressive.

It's almost as if TV is disconnected from reality.

Hmmm.

Smiller. Yeah, it's the owner. People some people are just freaken idiots and should never be allowed to own a dog.
    Do I smell a law? ;)

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Pediatric Dog Bite Injuries: A 5-Year Review of the Experience at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia said:
    Five hundred fifty-one patients aged 5 months to 18 years were treated in the emergency department after suffering dog bite injuries during the study period. The majority of injuries (62.8 percent) were sustained by male children. Dog bite injuries were most prevalent during the months of June and July (24.1 percent). Grade school–aged children (6 to 12 years) constituted the majority of victims (51 percent), followed by preschoolers (2 to 5 years; 24.0 percent), teenagers (13 to 18 years; 20.5 percent), and infants (birth to 1 year; 4.5 percent). Injuries sustained by infants and preschoolers often involved the face (53.5 percent), whereas older children sustained injuries to the extremities (60.7 percent). More than 30 different offending breeds were documented in the medical records. The most common breeds included pit bull terriers (50.9 percent), Rottweilers (8.9 percent), and mixed breeds of the two aforementioned breeds (6 percent).

Pediatric Dog Bite Injuries: A 5-Year Review of the Experien... : Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I know, right? It's really bizarre.

I know I was totally blown away when I found out that 100% of high speed (60mph or faster) fatal accidents on 2 wheeled conveyances were on motorcycles and 0% were on bicycles. It's just crazy.

I'm still struggling to come to terms with the stats on combat zone injuries occurring damned near exclusively in combat zones and tornado fatalities occurring only during tornadoes and none during gusty days.

I've heard that most people cut by knives are cut only by knives sharp enough to actually cut skin but I remain skeptical.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I know, right? It's really bizarre.
    I know I was totally blown away when I found out that 100% of high speed (60mph or faster) fatal accidents on 2 wheeled conveyances were on motorcycles and 0% were on bicycles. It's just crazy.

I'm still struggling to come to terms with the stats on combat zone injuries occurring damned near exclusively in combat zones and tornado fatalities occurring only during tornadoes and none during gusty days.

I've heard that most people cut by knives are cut only by knives sharp enough to actually cut skin but I remain skeptical.

image.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom