• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T SHOOT IT! DON'T! What you need to do is let me take that off your hands and give you my EDC instead. This way you are less likely to form an addiction that is near impossible to overcome.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new gun. One of mine is a RIA Compact and it's been a great gun in all respects. As others have said, 1911s can be addicting. Each time you buy one, it is just a temporary fix and before you know it, you are drooling on yet one more. The neat thing about 1911s is that each one tends to have it's own character or feel. One of the first things I changed on my RIA was the grips. You can change the feel of a gun with the simple change of grip panels. Now, years down the road with it, it has received all new internals, an extended safety, front strap checkering and has been stripped, painted, stripped again and blued. I've probably gotten more fun out of that gun per dollar invested than most any one of my other guns.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    Congrats on your new 1911A1!

Just watch out 'cause if you don't they will begin to reproduce like rabbits!

if they reproduced on their own we wouldn't all be so broke. lol

OP: congrats! 1911s are awesome. my first was a Norinco i got for christmas when i was about ten. i still love and cherish it today. i'm between "second" 1911s right now, as i never really clicked with the last one.

enjoy yours and good luck!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not true!

That reminds me that I need to post of a picture of Mrs. VERTs new 1911. Just picked it up from the shop this afternoon. :):

Which part or are you in denial.....:):

Well I finally got a chance to snap a picture of Mrs. VERT's new 1911. She traded off her other two pistols to fund this little project. Soon as it is properly vetted it can assume nightstand duty. So far she has opted not to carry but she certainly can if she wants to. She is really excited about this gun.

photo_zps3aa48e23.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I finally got a chance to snap a picture of Mrs. VERT's new 1911. She traded off her other two pistols to fund this little project. Soon as it is properly vetted it can assume nightstand duty. So far she has opted not to carry but she certainly can if she wants to. She is really excited about this gun.

photo_zps3aa48e23.jpg

Now that looks like a proper ladies 1911....:yesway:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    It all starts the same, look everyone, I bought my first 1911!!! Yadda, yadda, yadda!! In a month, he'll buy a other one, then another, then another! Soon he'll be trying to sell a kidney on Craigslist trying to pay for this addiction. Yeah it's all fun and games now. But soon, it will turn dark, very dark!! , , , I gotta go, the blood banks close early today!!

Top Bottom