• ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Got the new file and installed. The first "bug" I encountered was that it was looking for a specific path for the database files and gave me this error, "c:\gun 64 office 2010\gundatabase_data.accdb is not a valid path."

Fixed that and moved the files to the new location.

Loaded the program and got the Security Warning as expected. Clicked OPEN and got the following:

View attachment 75517

D6C2iDOzk4M6AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

If I click OK, it opens the screen and I can go to the tabs but no action is accepted in any of the databases and the only way out of any data input screen is to close the program. If I select CANCEL it displays this message continuously. I did get to the main screen eventually by clicking CANCEL multiple times. When to a TAB and it displayed after every mouse click.

ETA: photo

Ok I think I have it now. I went in a different direction and this should work. I so appreciate you working with me on this, I know it is a pain.

Here is the link: http://mainbytephotos.com/gun_database/gundatabase.zip

Just copy over the one you have now. This one should have a date of 3/9/2019 on the splash and about screen. (your old one would be 3/8/2019)

Let me know if it works.. because if it does, I should be done, at least with the version issues.

BTW.. your issue was a service pack that I didn't have installed (that you probably had). The version that I am releasing now should not have any office version issues including 32 or 64 bit. At least I sure hope so :>)

Again.. thank you so much!

I plan on getting out some more instructions tonight. I will post them here when I have up.

Ron

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    The database looks great, but I am also having trouble installing the Access Runtime in either version.

When I try to install the 64-bit version, I get this error:

SigJFH6.jpg

When I try to install the x86 version, I get this error:

TPxDOs7.jpg

I would love to try this, and I am open to any suggestions outside of uninstalling Office.

Ok, I searched this and found out what you need to do. I remember having to do this a while back on some systems that had 32bit office installed and then later a 64 bit installed.

This does require editing the registry. You should go ahead and fix your system as you will probably run into this again in the future installing any office software.

Here is a link to the fix. BTW.. on this page it mentions office 15, but it will be same for you except change office 15 to office 16.

https://www.itsupportguides.com/kno...fice-15-click-to-run-extensibility-component/

Good luck!

Ron

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Ok I think I have it now. I went in a different direction and this should work. I so appreciate you working with me on this, I know it is a pain.

Here is the link: http://mainbytephotos.com/gun_database/gundatabase.zip

Got it downloaded and installed. Works great. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Probably a lot more than I need. It will take the place of my spreadsheet. No problem for me being a beta tester. Glad I could help.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Got it downloaded and installed. Works great. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Probably a lot more than I need. It will take the place of my spreadsheet. No problem for me being a beta tester. Glad I could help.

Great!

I was running out of ideas.

Yes, that is one thing though, you can use as many or as few of the forms as needed. I have one friend who only wanted it for the reloading form. But he admitted he is starting to use a few others.

Thanks!

Ron

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I think I have most of the problems ironed out now. Please feel free to keep letting me know of any issues.

I have added some more instructions to the web site, and will be adding more in the near future. Feel free to post any questions here.

Here is the link with the updated instructions:

Gun and Ammunition Database

Also, if you downloaded the file today you may wish to download the latest version. It is dated (on the splash screen or about screen) 3/9/2019. If your shows 3/8/3019 then I suggest you replace it. You can just overwrite the file you have now.

It can be downloaded here:

http://mainbytephotos.com/gun_database/gundatabase.zip

Ron

Last edited:

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Seems to work well for me after I actually read the instructions and saved both files in the same folder. I had to go back to the instructions again to add calibers and manufacturers. I see this as a nice program. Well done. I posted a link to it on SASSnet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    One word of warning!
    Everything you do on the computer if you are on the internet.
    Is downloaded to the outside world.
    I have DEFINITELY FOUND several item from my computer on the internet.
    Another thing I found on my new laptop, I can not turn my laptop off.
    It stays in stand-by.
    Also I can not disconnect from the internet.
    My older laptop when I pull up the menu bar there was a shutdown icon. I also had a "Function" key to turn off the internet connection.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One word of warning!
    Everything you do on the computer if you are on the internet.
    Is downloaded to the outside world.
    I have DEFINITELY FOUND several item from my computer on the internet.
    Another thing I found on my new laptop, I can not turn my laptop off.
    It stays in stand-by.
    Also I can not disconnect from the internet.
    My older laptop when I pull up the menu bar there was a shutdown icon. I also had a "Function" key to turn off the internet connection.

You can change the settings of what the power button, etc does in power settings, and you can also disconnect from the internet, maybe not in the same way you did before, but doesn't mean that you cannot do it easily enough. Go to your choice of search engine and look how to do it for Windows 10 (presumably, you are running Win 10 on the new one).

And unless you have something else going on, everything on your computer is not uploaded to the outside world (unless you have things setup to do so and even then a reputable cloud service is not allowing access all over the place, and encrypts your data on the wire and at rest, or you have malware).

The conspiracy theory should at least be built on some knowledge, otherwise what you propagate with your constant misunderstandings is the same drivel the mainstream media does about firearms...

Last edited:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Thanks for offering this program. I have the 64-bit version of Access 2013 installed and couldn't get your original version to work properly (would open with Access, but looked like a bunch of Excel spreadsheets). I downloaded the 3/9 version and it works fine.
    Very much appreciate your efforts. I made a PDF file out of your website's instructions in order to print those out easily; hope that's ok.

Last edited:

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Thanks for offering this program. I have the 64-bit version of Access 2013 installed and couldn't get your original version to work properly (would open with Access, but looked like a bunch of Excel spreadsheets). I downloaded the 3/9 version and it works fine.
    Very much appreciate your efforts. I made a PDF file out of your website's instructions in order to print those out easily; hope that's ok.

Thank you!

Glad the new version worked for you, appreciate you letting me know.

Gosh, no problem on the instructions. I am still creating them, and will be posting them up as I get them done.

I just posted Page 3, which you may wish to check out.

Also if you have any questions please feel free to ask, as it might even help someone else out.

Ron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    You can change the settings of what the power button, etc does in power settings, and you can also disconnect from the internet, maybe not in the same way you did before, but doesn't mean that you cannot do it easily enough. Go to your choice of search engine and look how to do it for Windows 10 (presumably, you are running Win 10 on the new one).

And unless you have something else going on, everything on your computer is not uploaded to the outside world (unless you have things setup to do so and even then a reputable cloud service is not allowing access all over the place, and encrypts your data on the wire and at rest, or you have malware).

The conspiracy theory should at least be built on some knowledge, otherwise what you propagate with your constant misunderstandings is the same drivel the mainstream media does about firearms...

You can not give me one good reason, Why something that is convenient and easy to do. It is not hidden and complex to do. It was done by them for them to use.
    NO i never gave any permission to scan my hard drive and up load it to their site.
    I download several of their open on the internet photos. I cleaned them up and stored them on my hard drive. I never told anyone or downloaded them to anyone else.
    I also never give permission to update my computer. So many times when I open my laptop. An update starts running. it tells me I can not stop it and do not turn off my laptop.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You can not give me one good reason, Why something that is convenient and easy to do. It is not hidden and complex to do. It was done by them for them to use.
    NO i never gave any permission to scan my hard drive and up load it to their site.
    I download several of their open on the internet photos. I cleaned them up and stored them on my hard drive. I never told anyone or downloaded them to anyone else.
    I also never give permission to update my computer. So many times when I open my laptop. An update starts running. it tells me I can not stop it and do not turn off my laptop.

You really should take a basic Windows class or just read a bit on handling a PC.

FYI, the hardware manufacturer controls what function keys they were put on the PC and what they do (i.e. How you were likely pushing a single button to disable the wireless adapter). But there are many ways within windows to disable the wireless adapter, and that's just one of many settings regarding the stuff you are talking about.

In any case, you might want to search some if this stuff before you post about it... But be aware, you will need to be internet connected...

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I have added page 4 of the instructions which covers the Reloading Recipe Database Form.

I have also added a contact link for questions, comments, or issues.

Both of these links are on the main page.

The link to page four can be found here:

Ron

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This looks really useful. Any thoughts on encrypting the database? Maybe export / import individual records (like sell a gun to another INGO member)?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    You really should take a basic Windows class or just read a bit on handling a PC.

FYI, the hardware manufacturer controls what function keys they were put on the PC and what they do (i.e. How you were likely pushing a single button to disable the wireless adapter). But there are many ways within windows to disable the wireless adapter, and that's just one of many settings regarding the stuff you are talking about.

In any case, you might want to search some if this stuff before you post about it... But be aware, you will need to be internet connected...

First the manufactures of the P.C. Is directed by the software supplier. You want to run my product. You do it my way or no way. Now if there is a way to turn the internet function "OFF". Why do they call it "AIRPLANE MODE"?
    YOU SPOTTING OFF did not answer my question. why did they take something that was easy to do and make it difficult and hidden.
    Of course you did not give any help on how to turn my laptop completely off and how to disable the internet from accessing my laptop.
    Why does Microsoft do up grades with out my permission. Yesterday I activated my laptop at 18:00 hrs. Before I was able to do anything. Microsoft did a "UPDATE" and telling me not to turn off my computer.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    First the manufactures of the P.C. Is directed by the software supplier. You want to run my product. You do it my way or no way. Now if there is a way to turn the internet function "OFF". Why do they call it "AIRPLANE MODE"?
    YOU SPOTTING OFF did not answer my question. why did they take something that was easy to do and make it difficult and hidden.
    Of course you did not give any help on how to turn my laptop completely off and how to disable the internet from accessing my laptop.
    Why does Microsoft do up grades with out my permission. Yesterday I activated my laptop at 18:00 hrs. Before I was able to do anything. Microsoft did a "UPDATE" and telling me not to turn off my computer.

You sound like my wife who’s always wondering why the world doesn’t conform to the way she thinks it should be! I’ve given up trying to explain that.

The Windows OS lets you set whether or not updates require your permission to occur, and you also have control over your Internet connection, whether wifi or cable. As someone already said, take a course or read a book on PC usage.

Top Bottom