• ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    anybody use the dork meter and strava?

All I ever use on the road is a watch, math and experience. I can tell you how far we have ridden, how far we have left to go and our speed while the computer geeks are still scrolling through their screens.

img57054657.jpg

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I don't watch anything on my dork meter other than cadence and speed when on the road. While mountain biking it only tracks me. I don't watch it unless I think I'm being soft and checking my heart rate. I use Strava constantly to race segments. We made a short trip to Uwharrie Nat'l Forest not long ago. At the end of one day I figured out that a short segment was right next to our primitive campsite and we'd scored well into the 100's. We ate and slept intentionally that night in order to crush it the following day, which we did (13th place before we were satisfied). In useful terms, it has helped me to figure out what is running a segment "hard" and what is just relaxing. I run a lot, too, but leg injuries and a bunch of sand keep me from being speedy in that endeavor. I've still enjoyed finding segments that others have run and giving them a go. Sorta like playing with Geocache, you can find a lot of cool stuff once you sort out a method.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Got back out there after 1.5 years of not riding. Here's a short clip of me going over the handlebars.....:abused:

(one use of the f-word):):
    [video=youtube;xi3ePNIaJIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi3ePNIaJIU[/video]

Top Bottom