• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Full-Auto obviously you have your opinion based on your experience, but you need to let if go brother, it will be OK :D

But really you are starting to sound like you have some kind of vendetta against Kimber, which is fine, but you start to lose some credibility. Come on do you really think your the only "seasoned" shooter out there. I can give you plenty of examples of "seasoned" shooters whose lives depend on their Kimbers and they are very happy carrying them.

As far as quality goes, its kind of funny that you would say that about Kimbers. My brother in law is a custom gun smith for not only Rock Creek Barrels, but also has his own shop building custom and precision rifles, including 2 .50 cal sniper rifles that he built for the US Secret Service. believe it or not he is the one that turned me onto Kimbers to begin with. To his standards Kimber is the best built production 1911 out there right now, so I guess it just goes to show everyone has their opinions.

One other fact the I find Kimber detractors don't like to admit or will conveniently brush off, is the fact that Kimber has been the top selling/producer of 1911's for about 10 yrs now. They have consistently produced and sold around 55,000 1911's a year for over a decade now. I really don't believe they could do that consistently by producing a less than quality product. What that does mean is that with more guns out there than any other manufacturers the more opportunity there is to have a lemon every so often. The great thing about the internet is that when someone (like yourself) does have a legitimate complaint 10 others will repeat it as if it was theirs. The fact remains they keep building and selling year after year after year. So much so they have about a 6 month back order right now.

This isn't a rant about you or your experience, because I am not belittling that nor doubting it just giving a different experience from another "seasoned" shooter who has had 3 superb Kimbers that haven't had a failure and whose I would put up against any other production 1911 out there in terms of quality, reliability, accuracy, fit and finish.

End of my rant. On with my flame suit :D

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    End of my rant. On with my flame suit :D
    Flame thrower: check! :D

I suppose you've heard of Larry Vickers and Hilton Yam?

10-8 Forums: Kimber Warrior No Longer Recommended?

They've said on more than one occasion that Kimbers quality is spotty and they actually removed them from their recommended carry list. Ironically, Kimber approached Vickers and Yam to have them consult with them on the SIS pistol... so they stand to lose quite a bit by speaking out against Kimber.

I value their professional opinion as qualified gunsmiths (as people pay top dollar for their 1911's) more than some unknown gunsmith who thinks Kimber is the cats meow. Kimbers, as they note, are plagued with quality control issues and as Larry Vickers puts it, they scream "stay away".

Just because a company mass produces more pistols doesn't make them the best. Following your rationale, Ed Brown that produces around 500 1911's each year must really suck compared to Kimber. The vast majority of Kimber buyers have no idea what they're buying and are after a Kimber because of their once stellar reputation (Clackamas) which has since been soiled by the events of the last decade or so.

Ford produced more trucks than any other American company at one time yet they had the worst customer satisfaction of any American auto maker. More doesn't automatically = better.

fw501

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Well, I LOVE my KIMBER and have had no problems associated with it except one...watching my buddy brush away a tear when he sold it to me! I got over it though!:):

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Personally, I carry a Kimber Eclipse Custom II, and absolutely love it. But I'm not blind to other brands, and own other .45's as well - a Glock 21 and an XD 45. But neither of these gives me groups like this at 35 feet freehand, which is why I carry my Kimber. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

i20x2p.jpg

epeyit.jpg

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I believe you and I have had this argument before, was it on the Firing Line Forum. You used the same arguments then from a 2007 thread.
    And like before I refuted you with this a quote from Ham his self
    We are not suggesting that every single Kimber is unsatisfactory, nor are we saying that you shouldn't own one for whatever it is you're doing

Which was from your link. Vicker and Ham were specifically talking about the Kimber Warrior back in 2007 not about all Kimbers and even then they said some of the issues were not on all the Warriors. One of the interesting things about 10-8 performance is that they highly recommend Springfield which coincidently enough they have a business deal with. I'm not trying to speak crap about them but again we can play back and forth on people who recommend Kimbers. I thought I recognized you from earlier. You really do have a vendetta against Kimber. And by the way My brother in Law is not some unknown gunsmith, he happens to do business around the country building and selling custom rifles, like I said he is a Rock Creek Barrel Gunsmith, and if you know anything about custom/precision rifles you would realize he is not just some other unknown gunsmith

Man, you have got to let it go, brother.

Now that I remember you, I'm done. :laugh:

You go be the name Sturmgewehre over there don't you.

Last edited:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I believe you and I have had this argument before, was it on the Firing Line Forum. You used the same arguments then from a 2007 thread.
    Hey, I know you! You're using the same arguments too! ;)

You're definitely not HisSoldier though (one of my biggest critics and Kimber defenders over there - recovering)...

TheFiringLine Forums - View Single Post - colt delta elite o2020 vs. kimber eclipse II

Now that I remember you, I'm done. :laugh:
    It's probably best we do let it go, so I'll go along with that vs. going tit for tat with you (again).

There, all better.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey, I know you! You're using the same arguments too! ;)

You're definitely not HisSoldier though (one of my biggest critics and Kimber defenders over there - recovering)...

TheFiringLine Forums - View Single Post - colt delta elite o2020 vs. kimber eclipse II

It's probably best we do let it go, so I'll go along with that vs. going tit for tat with you (again).

There, all better.

I bet you will find more people are happy with their Kimbers than are not by a L O N G shot.
    I bet dollars to doughnuts it's not even close.

You should make a poll. :)

My vote: Kimber's rock.

saw223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I find it funny that you used a link to 1911forum. I've known Jason for 21 years. He started that forum because he liked my 1911's. He never owned one till after he started the forum, his one and only is a Kimber series 1. lol. I've owned or handled damn near every one out there and Kimber as well as all the other reglular production 1911's for sure aren't as well put together as they use to be, but I don't agree with you with your blanket statements.

I'm also guessing you didn't actually read the thread, it's almost all just proper adjustment or cleaning of the extractor, or having the sights replaced with the proper height for poa/poi. It's also the biggest manufacterer thread on his site with the largest majority of posts, 99% of which are of people happy with their products. The site isn't sponsored by any maker, doesn't bring in any revenue by any maker, it's all powered by the people that visit and post.

If you take time to look, you'll see even people in the Ed Brown, Wilson, Springfield, and damn near any maker sections has people complaining about issues. Hell my friend's G22 had the frame crack under the left front framerail with less than 500 rnds through it, and everyone knows Glocks are indestructible! :P That's what forums are for, to ask questions so people can help, or for someone who feels wronged can rant. :P Gotta take every thing with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    Wow, never heard that one before but i'm new to kimbers my lowly springfield is based of the colt series 70 so no firing pin safety.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    HAHA! I love it great gun built well, paid $490 otd. And for $80, i got a hammer, beaver tail and 3dot wilsons sights put on it. With probably $45 or $50 in parts. Just wish it had the slanted serrations on the slide and didnt have that stupid lanyard loop. End thread jack.

Top Bottom