• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    Always glad to see people walk away from equipment accidents seat belts and ROPS work really well when used together. Good you were able to pull it out with your truck! Maybe find a concrete barrier to put up before the drop off for when you are bringing loads in with the tractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Bit of an update:

I went back to working around my place on the tractor and mower the rest of that day and the next two as well. Friday I was finishing up the last bit of mowing I had to do and hit a couple holes with the mower which, in spite of my $800 suspension seat, destroyed my back. I finished the job, put the mower away, came in the house and got cleaned up. I was standing at the kitchen sink looking out the window and sneezed. Everything went white and I fell to my knees then over on to my side. It felt like I'd been hit with a taser (something I've experienced many times) which lasted about 10 seconds or so. A few minutes later after getting up and getting into my recliner it happened again, and again, and again and again. A few hours later I was calling a friend I knew had a therapist he raved about so I called him and he put me in touch with the guy but unfortunately there wasn't much he could offer over the phone and didn't offer to see me. I don't blame him lol.

I made my way upstairs aided by my wife so that if it spasm-ed I wouldn't fall down the stairs and got into bed. It was a long night but thankfully they slowed way down an I was able to get some sleep. Monday morning I went to see a chiropractor and he's made three adjustments since Monday and I'm going back tomorrow for another. I'm using a TENS unit almost every waking hour and it's helped tremendously. Sitting around with nice weather when I have so much to do is driving me nuts!!!! It's also costing me money since I have nothing better to do than think about everything I need to do I've been ordering supplies and parts for all of the chores I'll do once I can walk and move normally again. The spasms still come but they're very short and maybe 15% as strong as the first night for which I'm thankful. I've never considered myself someone who was easy to scare but I'm absolutely terrified if I feel a cough or sneeze coming on.

Dang man....didnt mean to make fun of you being hurt! I thought you was ok, just bruised ego. Hope you get to feeling better, back pain is terrible!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Spasms are a lot more treatable than actual structural problems but I feel your pain, Brother. I've had a few between my shoulders that made me miserable for more than a couple days. Had a Valium prescription the first time it happened. Did NOT like the feeling that went with that. Been ice and TENS unit since then when mine acts up. Chiropractor has been useful too.
    Hope you feel better soon. Stretching regimen and core excercises have helped me a lot.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Dang man....didnt mean to make fun of you being hurt! I thought you was ok, just bruised ego. Hope you get to feeling better, back pain is terrible!

You didn't hurt my feelings friend, the phone calls I got from a handful of buddies smoked anything posted on this forum lol. I was actually just a little sore for a few days then I guess I either aggravated it or just finished the job. I'm on the mend, spent a little time on the tractor again today tending my compost.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Good to hear the bad is in the rear view mirror.

Tractor time is precious. I have been living on one of mine.

Death to all multi-flora roses! Death to all autumn olives!

You do know tractors are like guns, nobody can have just one...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Not me but a close family member. He had his brush hog on the back and was getting the tall stuff by the creek. Due to the recent rain, the ground was VERY soft. So it sunk. All the way up to the bottom. The bucket kept it going in any further.

His neighbor brought over his very big farm tractor to pull him out after failed attempts with the 4x4 pick up.

TNnTgIE.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Not me but a close family member. He had his brush hog on the back and was getting the tall stuff by the creek. Due to the recent rain, the ground was VERY soft. So it sunk. All the way up to the bottom. The bucket kept it going in any further.

His neighbor brought over his very big farm tractor to pull him out after failed attempts with the 4x4 pick up.

Glad no one was hurt

Top Bottom