• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Finally got an M1 Garand!! Wow this rifle shoots and looks great, I missed shooting one! My Uncle was in D day and the Battle of the Bulge and he had an M1 my whole life. We shot it quite often when I was younger and man it was fun. When he died his son got his guns which I understand, but I have wanted a Garand ever since. Pure awesomeness!

picture.php

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Finally got an M1 Garand!! Wow this rifle shoots and looks great, I missed shooting one! My Uncle was in D day and the Battle of the Bulge and he had an M1 my whole life. We shot it quite often when I was younger and man it was fun. When he died his son got his guns which I understand, but I have wanted a Garand ever since. Pure awesomeness!

picture.php

I like my M1, I outshot a DRAGUNOV sniper rifle my friend had with my M1 GARAND:rockwoot:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    great guns ive had two now first was poor grade cmp model and later sold it and finely bought another one at the last 1500 and it has arsenal markings!!!!! looks like your missing you stacking swivel though. check out fulton armory they have all the goodies for garands

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Stacking swivel? Are you talking about what looks like a 3rd sling atatchment point in front of the hand guard? If so it's there just sticking straight up!

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks, and I have several clips but I wouldn't mind have some extras! I like shooting this more than my AR's. The sights are amazing, I see why it was so effective in war.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I can't wait to get out and shoot my Garands again. Nothing like hearing that "PING" after a string of shots! I wish there were someplace closer to the me to shoot rifles. Where did you get yours? What markings does it have? :yesway:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks everybody I am hooked! It's a Springfield Armory, in between April and May of 1945. There's a P on the bottom of the stock, I will look over the rifle here in a bit and post some more. And I got it from a fellow INGO member!! He said it originally came from the CMP. I'm ready to shoot now ha. :):

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    welcome to the club my friend, but beware. You will want another one.... , and then another, ..... then you will want an M1 Carbine, 1903, ....

The Garand is a piece of history... and artwork. I just picked up a Scott Duff book that has the numbers in it from the build sheets. If you want any info send me a message and Ill try to look them up for you. Im no expert, just a rookie who got a couple Garands and wanted more info

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    welcome to the club my friend, but beware. You will want another one.... , and then another, ..... then you will want an M1 Carbine, 1903, ....

The Garand is a piece of history... and artwork. I just picked up a Scott Duff book that has the numbers in it from the build sheets. If you want any info send me a message and Ill try to look them up for you. Im no expert, just a rookie who got a couple Garands and wanted more info

Thats a very nice looking Birch stock you got there...I bought my First Garand a few yrs. ago from the CMP....then another...then a 1903....then a 1903A3....then a M1 Carbine.....The Garand is my favorite...my AR won't even look at me anymore...guess I'm going to have to spend some more time with it....the poor rejected thing.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I am the same way with my AR's, I really like them but this M1 just stole the spotlight in my collection for sure! I would like to find a IH model M1 since we farm with IH tractors, my brother has a 1903A3, and we all like the Carbine! When I get home from work tonight I will take it apart and see what I can find marking wise! The only marking I saw on the outside of the stock was a P on the bottom side so I assume the stock was replaced at the CMP probably. Everything is in A1 shape, function and visually. Thanks for the info and congrats guys! It's an honor to be in the club. :D

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    The P on the stock is an acceptance mark, if its a replacement from CMP it will say CMP on the left side of the stock inside of a square.
    There should be a eagle on the left side of the stock by the back of the reciever(should be but not always). My CMp Garand has the P but the eagle is about worn off, real light stamping. My arlington import M1 has a boyds stock on it so no markings.
    Check out the forums at the CMP web page and alot of your questions will be answered. be warned tho one Garand will never be enough

Top Bottom