• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks it's in brand new like shape all over! I don't remember seeing any stamps on the stock other than the P but I will look when I get home from work tonight. This one's a keeper!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well I took the M1 apart a few mins ago, very easy to field strip! There are no other markings on the stock other than the P, some handling marks, I thought there might be a little triangle but I think it just got poked by something. On the ride side of the reciever I found these:

B 4 *(what looks like an upside down capitol T) 6

D 28291 35

I don't know if this tells me anything but that's what I could come up with. Thanks for the kind words :ingo:!!

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I took the M1 apart a few mins ago, very easy to field strip! There are no other markings on the stock other than the P, some handling marks, I thought there might be a little triangle but I think it just got poked by something. On the ride side of the reciever I found these:

B 4 *(what looks like an upside down capitol T) 6

D 28291 35

I don't know if this tells me anything but that's what I could come up with. Thanks for the kind words :ingo:!!

The D 28291 35, is a Drawing Number and the B 4 ? 6 is a Heat Lot number. Keep looking at the other major parts for numbers and letter markings. Bolt, Op rod, Trigger, safety lever and trigger housing plus some other parts are sometimes marked.
    The IHC are nice to have and they have 6 different variations with the Receiver logo and manufacture stampings on the receiver "horseshoe", so there is a lot to look for!
    You have a nice looking M1 :yesway: Fordtough25. And one is never enough, like the others have already told you, it starts with one M1 then another, then a 1903, then a Carbine, repeat and add a new model repeat, repeat :D
    It is a beautiful process ;)

one more

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks for the info! I will look over it again and see what I can see. I would also like to get a carbine at some point and my brother has an 03a3! This rifle moved to the top for my go to rifle! :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Pull the op rod back and the bbl will have the maker and date on the side. You can tell by comparing the receiver maker and serial # if the bbl/receiver are original. I didn't say that very well but you get my drift I think.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    awesome gun. My son would love for us to get one of those to shoot. He has fired that gun alot - call of duty ;-) ya know.

Congrats on the new gun enjoy it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Alrighty, I got the M1 out and checked the side of the barrel, 3S A6 45.

The serial # for the rifle puts it around May of 1945, if the 45 on the barrel means that also then this thing has hardly been shot! Thanks for any more info in advance! :yesway:

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Alrighty, I got the M1 out and checked the side of the barrel, 3S A6 45.

The serial # for the rifle puts it around May of 1945, if the 45 on the barrel means that also then this thing has hardly been shot! Thanks for any more info in advance! :yesway:
    The SA 6 45 means the barrel is a Springfield Armory barrel manufactured in June of 1945. It is most likely an original barrel and receiver combo. I have at least two of each variety. They are great guns. Enjoy yours.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The SA 6 45 means the barrel is a Springfield Armory barrel manufactured in June of 1945. It is most likely an original barrel and receiver combo. I have at least two of each variety. They are great guns. Enjoy yours.

It is..... I originally purchased it from the CMP. It was mine until earlier in the year. :D

Grouppics001.jpg

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Nice rifle and piece of history you have there! I have one SA Model D that I bought from a retired USMC Major before I left the Corps and a IH that was my grandpas and one SA that I bought from CMP last year. They are great accurate weapons! Enjoy it.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    What's the average price on one that's in decent shape to be a shooter and not a trophy?

Top Bottom