• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Kinda on a related but unrelated note on neck lanyards. When I've used an ID pouch or travel money pouch with a lanyard around my neck in the past I've taken woven wire like the type they use on bike locks but thin, and inserted it inside of the hollow string lanyard. You can do this for purse straps too. It makes it to where someone cant cut it or tear it off your neck.
    Like aircraft wire. You can buy it on rolls at Walmart or lowes.
    If you're worried about someone pulling you around by it, these arent supposed to be tight so it will slip over your head if you need it to

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Kinda on a related but unrelated note on neck lanyards. When I've used an ID pouch or travel money pouch with a lanyard around my neck in the past I've taken woven wire like the type they use on bike locks but thin, and inserted it inside of the hollow string lanyard. You can do this for purse straps too. It makes it to where someone cant cut it or tear it off your neck.
    Like aircraft wire. You can buy it on rolls at Walmart or lowes.
    If you're worried about someone pulling you around by it, these arent supposed to be tight so it will slip over your head if you need it to

Having a lanyard that won't break means you can also use it around other people's necks if needed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well I don't see the cartond of Marlboro's so I guess those got used at various traffic stops.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Seems you’ve not been to Mexico in a bit? Since the rise of hip-hop culture, Marlboro has been replaced by Kool and Newport as the cigarette of choice for bribes!;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My Mexico EDC carry would be my regular EDC and the thought in my mind "I'm glad I'm not in Mexico" because I'm never going there of my own volition.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I choose not to return to Mexico, ever. I can get Mexican food/drink here and there are lots of beaches in America.

I have a Honda XR650R, the King of Baja, and it's not going back. I have friends who were dragged out into the desert, had everything they had stolen (including the RV) and felt lucky to be left alive. Corrupt cops, drug cartels, military enforcing hooker contributions...no thanks.

Build the freeking wall.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I choose not to return to Mexico, ever. I can get Mexican food/drink here and there are lots of beaches in America.

I have a Honda XR650R, the King of Baja, and it's not going back. I have friends who were dragged out into the desert, had everything they had stolen (including the RV) and felt lucky to be left alive. Corrupt cops, drug cartels, military enforcing hooker contributions...no thanks.

Build the freeking wall.

We reach.

There's nothing down there that makes me want to see, do, smell, hear, taste, feel it enough to actually go there.

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Curious what it is I would be doing in Mexico that I would need those escape items for? Or how I would say that my neck knife was for peeling vegatables? :)

Doing? Standing around breathing. Lots of kidnappings in Mexico. Knives (and all weapons) are pretty much forbidden for non citizens. BUT...if you find yourself having to explain to the local constabulary why you have a knife you'd probably prefer to explain a fruit knife vs the "Captain Killemall Signature Model Combat Masterpiece with Skull Crusher and Sawback blade"...or a spyderco folder..... At a minimum any knife might get confiscated...so being out $8 vs being out $100 (and more likely to be arrested) makes that a reasonable choice. And offering a friendly cigar, a little humble apology for not knowing their rules and maybe even offering to pay the fine on the spot are all time honored ways of avoiding lengthy imperial entanglements down there.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Doing? Standing around breathing. Lots of kidnappings in Mexico. Knives (and all weapons) are pretty much forbidden for non citizens. BUT...if you find yourself having to explain to the local constabulary why you have a knife you'd probably prefer to explain a fruit knife vs the "Captain Killemall Signature Model Combat Masterpiece with Skull Crusher and Sawback blade"...or a spyderco folder..... At a minimum any knife might get confiscated...so being out $8 vs being out $100 (and more likely to be arrested) makes that a reasonable choice. And offering a friendly cigar, a little humble apology for not knowing their rules and maybe even offering to pay the fine on the spot are all time honored ways of avoiding lengthy imperial entanglements down there.
    Yep

jkdbjj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    rural
    With exception of perhaps the foreign money, Randy's Mexico EDC could/should/would be right at home here at home (USA). At the price, the little fruit knife should be in your car, truck, motorcycle storage kit, briefcase, range bag and pocket.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    With exception of perhaps the foreign money, Randy's Mexico EDC could/should/would be right at home here at home (USA). At the price, the little fruit knife should be in your car, truck, motorcycle storage kit, briefcase, range bag and pocket.
    In communists occupied states like chicago I'd say a throw away fruit or shrimp peeler is a must

Top Bottom