• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I picked up a Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Model 1102 today. When I saw it, I knew I needed to purchase it. I really like the wood stock and checkering. I cant wait to get out to the range this weekend and break it in.

Looks like I need to get my post count up before a can attach a picture.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    I've had my 10/22 Sporter for a few years now and love it. Couple of years back, I had a Volquartzen Hammer put in it, which reduced the trigger pull to less than 4 pounds. Made a great gun even better!!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've had my 10/22 Sporter for a few years now and love it. Couple of years back, I had a Volquartzen Hammer put in it, which reduced the trigger pull to less than 4 pounds. Made a great gun even better!!

How did you stop at just doing that ? Before the dust settled I had about $900 in my 10/22. I thought i was just having a bad dream but it still makes me smile everytime i look at it. :yesway:

Congrats to the OP, your really going to like it! Plenty accurate out of the box but i agree that a Volquartson hammer is the ticket to a sweet trigger.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend

Congrats on your purchase and welcome. Happy shooting!

Post count only restricts your ability to contact other members and post classifieds.

Les

From the FAQ (I prefer Photobucket)

I can't figure out how to post pictures!
    That's not a question, but I'll try to help anyway. The picture uploading feature on INGO is currently disabled to save bandwidth. You must host pictures offsite for the time being. Please see this thread for a handy tutorial on using a couple different free picture hosting sites:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_..._tutorial.html

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

:yesway:

How did you stop at just doing that ? Before the dust settled I had about $900 in my 10/22. I thought i was just having a bad dream but it still makes me smile everytime i look at it. :yesway:

Congrats to the OP, your really going to like it! Plenty accurate out of the box but i agree that a Volquartson hammer is the ticket to a sweet trigger.

Thats all I did to mine, except for the auto bolt release mod. ;)

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    congratz on the purchase of a great rifle, you'll get alot of fun out of it. Get a Ruger BX25 mag for it. The stock on that model is very nice. Show us a pic!

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Thanks everyone, and thanks for the link on posting. A Mustang forum I frequent is set up a little differently, so it doesnt take much to confuse me. :)

I also forgot to mention that I picked up 2 BX-25 mags, and a box CCI minimags. A fun afternoon shopping.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Welcome aboard. I have an older Deluxe Model and like it. I like the non barrel band models so much better. Where do you shoot?

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Welcome aboard. I have an older Deluxe Model and like it. I like the non barrel band models so much better. Where do you shoot?

I havent shot in years, so I dont have any place that I shoot. I live on the SE side of Indy so I was looking at Eagle Creek Pistol Range, and Atterbury. A little bit of a drive, but I havent found anything East that is close. Do you have any places you could recommend?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I havent shot in years, so I dont have any place that I shoot. I live on the SE side of Indy so I was looking at Eagle Creek Pistol Range, and Atterbury. A little bit of a drive, but I havent found anything East that is close. Do you have any places you could recommend?

I shoot at Marion County Fish and Game on the west side. It's off 465 and Crawfordsville Road. Pop's is close to you but I've heard good and bad about shooting there.

Reid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Not real sure about all the hype of the "take down" model, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Thanks Colt, I drive past Pops occasionally, havent been in there, and completely forgot about them. As I run across websites, I've been book marking them. Added the Marion county fish and game. With the rifle I was thinking outdoor, but on a day like today indoor would be perfect.

I've seen that Highsmiths (I believe that's their name) in Greenfield is going to be opening a new shop with a range, and I saw that BeechGrove Firearms is looking to have their range open in Nov. That will give me a few near by indoor ranges.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Beech Grove Firearms will be opening their new range soon. Should be an excellent one.

mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    Got my first 10/22 when I was 7 put probably a good 20000 rounds through it and its still one of the most reliable and accurate .22s I own. Great gun for the money.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN

ECPR would be perfect. You can shoot out to 50 yards, seated or standing. I had my 10/22 out there in the spring and had a blast. Take a box of ammo and you can shoot all day long for $20 I think it is. Only open weekends. Need to get out there again.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I picked up a Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Model 1102 today. When I saw it, I knew I needed to purchase it. I really like the wood stock and checkering. I cant wait to get out to the range this weekend and break it in.

Nothing gives me quite the warm fuzzy feeling inside as does the 10/22. Enjoy your purchase!:yesway:

Top Bottom