• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I made it to the Eagle Creek Pistol Range today for a couple hours of shooting, and it was only $20. I thought about staying longer but wanted to get home to see the end of the Colts game. Wow that was an awesome way to finish! Ballard flying through the air, back to the ground!4-3, incredible. Hard not to get excited about that.

Anyway, ECPR. I shot close to 300 rounds, and had a few jams, 6 if I recall, so I'll need to keep an eye on that. I think they were coming from one particular magazine too.

I set the target at 25 yards, and found that I was shooting a little high and to the left, but kept it in the outer circle of the target. I'm sure that I need to work on my shooting technique, but I was able to bring it down. I'll have to practice to get the target out to 50 yards, and get some better contacts because I dont know if I could make out the target at that range.

I did find it challenging to set myself and focus on the target. I think the all of the bays were full, and I've never shot with 20 people at the same time, quite an experience. It was a lot louder than I anticipated (duh). I was getting plinked with extracting shells too, another first for me :).

All in all it was a good day. Sunny and cool, broke in the new gun, and the Colts won on the road!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Congrats on your purchase. You can't beat a 10/22 for the money.

My Remington 582 beats every 10/22 I've shot (all stock) and the price was right ($150-ish). I still picked up a 10/22 carbine when they were on sale at Midwest in Mishawaka. I figured it is always good to have an extra .22 around for new shooters, especially little ones.

Reid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Can't say enough good things about the 10/22... Just overwhelming with all the upgrades!

Top Bottom