My new Dillon 650 - You were right! I was in over my head.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Here are a couple of pics of the $20 LED gooseneck lamp that I found at Lowe's. I loved the Dillon light, but the price was too high. Besides, I can use this light anywhere for other projects. Hope this helps.

IMG_8051_zpsbuxuohjx.jpg

IMG_8050_zpsnjiwas9s.jpg

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Here are a couple of pics of the $20 LED gooseneck lamp that I found at Lowe's. I loved the Dillon light, but the price was too high. Besides, I can use this light anywhere for other projects. Hope this helps.

IMG_8051_zpsbuxuohjx.jpg

IMG_8050_zpsnjiwas9s.jpg

Yeah, that does look like the way to go. Thanks.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Something I had mentioned earlier in this old thread was that I was taking mass readings on my reloads and out of several hundred found about 5 or 6 that fell more than 2 grains outside of the average for the others. 2 of them fell around 5.4 grains below the average and the others were around 2.5-3.0 grains outside the average. As I explained, it only worked for rounds loaded with the same brass, so to get your average, you had to sort by manufacturer. Anyhow, after pulling, the two that were 5+ grains light were in fact empty with no powder charge. I don't know what was up with the others. I tried to keep all of the powder and everything contained after pulling them to check. I couldn't find ANY powder anomalies with those. My guess was residual burnt powder within the cartridge adding to the mass, but they didn't look overly bad inside..? BUT, I did prove my theory that I could relatively quickly and easily find powder problems with my electronic scale. I feel more confident having that final safety check in place for now.

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    I had problems with primers early on with my 550. I found that CCI primers were at fault. Dillon discourages there use. That cured my problems.

Top Bottom