• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidrock0011

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Congrats man you have a wonderful garand.. No doubt its looking really nice.. I want to know that about this price and also this weight its looking some heavy gun... Anyhow you have a wonderful deal I really like it...
    commercial scales

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Beautiful rifle. I have two, one I purchased off a collector at a GS, it is just about "field" grade as well as I can grade. The second I bought at CMP (Port Clinton) in January. It looks just like yours, but is a Springfield CMP Special Field grade. The barrel is original and muzzle and chamber gage excellent. The rest of the rifle has been rebuilt with new stock and refurbished metal. These were $950 ea.

Son & I both bought one. Shoots great. I purchased 800 rounds of the ammo from CMP - and a couple of boxes of new clips (25 per box). As has been said watch the ammo you use, a lot of the commercial ammo is loaded with too slow a powder and can damage the Op rod. You can purchase adjustable gas plugs and then use any ammo - after adjusting so it operates without slamming the OP rod. I bought one but haven't installed it as we are shooting the surplus and reload to the Garand specs. Great guns. I also like my M1 Inland carbine.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    One of these days I will find a way of acquiring pieces of history such as a Garand... unfortunately I am guessing by then prices will be sky high.

Yep... I remember my Dad saying that back in the 1960's....I think the price then was about $35 or so. :dunno:

Top Bottom