• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It's not Christmas without the scent of my nuts in the air. I've made 2 lbs of pralines for Christmas. People just love my nuts. You should see their faces light up when they are first exposed to them.

In the spirit of giving, my recipe:

1 lb pecan halves
    1 cup sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp water
    1 egg white (large egg)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Whisk egg white and water in a large bowl until frothy, then fold in pecans until evenly coated with egg mixture.

In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt.

Pour about 1/3 of the sugar mix over the nuts, stir gently to expose uncoated nuts, pour in next 1/3, stir gently, pour in remaining third and stir until nuts are evenly coated. Be slow and gentle with your nuts so as not to break them.

LIGHTLY oil (or use cooking spray) a baking pan and spread the coated nuts evenly on the pan. Bake for 1 hr, stirring every 15 minutes.

Allow to cool.

Enjoy popping those nuts in your mouth!

I just talked to my Mom and her nuts are the same minus the egg white. She uses alittle butter instead. Best nuts I've ever had in my mouth.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    It's not Christmas without the scent of my nuts in the air. I've made 2 lbs of pralines for Christmas. People just love my nuts. You should see their faces light up when they are first exposed to them.

In the spirit of giving, my recipe:

1 lb pecan halves
    1 cup sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp water
    1 egg white (large egg)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Whisk egg white and water in a large bowl until frothy, then fold in pecans until evenly coated with egg mixture.

In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt.

Pour about 1/3 of the sugar mix over the nuts, stir gently to expose uncoated nuts, pour in next 1/3, stir gently, pour in remaining third and stir until nuts are evenly coated. Be slow and gentle with your nuts so as not to break them.

LIGHTLY oil (or use cooking spray) a baking pan and spread the coated nuts evenly on the pan. Bake for 1 hr, stirring every 15 minutes.

Allow to cool.

Enjoy popping those nuts in your mouth!

I am going to try that .....

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    First thought was the SNL Schweddy balls skit was the first thing that came to mind as well. So funny it was posted up thread. Actually just tagging this thread as I will definitely try the OP recipe

Top Bottom