• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    So I'm just sitting here lurking on INGO, eating some questionably flavored (they smell horrible also) Jelly Belly jelly beans and reading this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...race-50-who-will-today-what-do-they-want.html thinking "Boy I sure could've used the INGO classifieds".
    You see I just sold the last gun I'm willing to part with yesterday on Armslist, sold another a couple months ago to the aunt of a friend of a friend, and another shortly before that to a fellow I "met" through Armslist. I've come to the the conclusion I'm not that fond of the Armslist experience. Sure they have cash but I would like just a bit more than that. How about a little conversation so you don't seem so shady. I mean these Armslist guys "look" at the gun but don't really check it out and then quickly hand me the cash and are on their way like Johnny Law is coming.
    I then think that
    I've got 37 (38 now) posts.
    I've been a member here for I don't know how long.
    I lurk daily, most days multiple times.
    I want to use the classifieds ,but
    I need to get to at least 50 posts.
    If the the point of 50 posts is so the community can get to know me then here is where I need your help. Ask me anything you want to, because every time I'm reading a thread and think I'll make a comment I read 5 more posts and someone beat me to it. While I see people do it quite a bit, a quote with the word scooped under it doesn't seem like a quality post and I would hate to be called a runner under those circumstances.
    I don't need in the classifieds until next year and as you can tell from my length of membership and post count I'm not in a hurry. I just want to make sure it's there when I want it. so don't just ask questions that require a one word reply.

P.S. Their is a big atta-boy for whoever guesses the jelly bean flavor.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've met a lot of members who say they "lurk", but don't post for one or several other reasons. I don't believe post count tells us much about a person, but without people posting, the reason for the place doesn't exist. I really like your sig, by the way.

Why did you sell off your guns and what are you planning to get in the future?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    I've met a lot of members who say they "lurk", but don't post for one or several other reasons. I don't believe post count tells us much about a person, but without people posting, the reason for the place doesn't exist. I really like your sig, by the way.

Why did you sell off your guns and what are you planning to get in the future?

Medical condition has had me out of work for a while. Savings and family can only do so much, especially if you don't ask for help. Plan on replacing the Shield 9 with one that has no thumb safety., Replacing the M&P 15/22 with a different model don't know which one yet. Got rid of a blued 22/45 to replace it with the standard MKIII in Stainless

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    A for effort. I guess it took you a while to get into the race, but it is a quality post. If you don't have any current questions/feedback, here are some threads that you can easily post in:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/107644-how-did-you-discover-ingunowners-com.html
    Handguns (any of the "show and tell" sticky threads)
    Long Guns (any of the "show and tell" sticky threads)

What kind of shooting do you do?

Mostly just target practice with pistols. I belong to the Outdoor Sportsman Club of Mitchell. They have 7, 25, 50 and 100 yard ranges. Rifles shooting includes .22lr and 7mm rem mag

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Become a site supporter. You have been here for years already and just keep interacting with everyone. Status Update thread and a few others are a great way to get to know some of the crazies here. :)

pike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    sounthern
    I have a question that maybe you could answer and it will help both of us increase our post counts. I would like to plan a trip to deer hunt with some family and I they are from around the Bedford/Bloomington area. I live in the southern part of the state and have little knowledge of the public hunting in that area. Where can one go to hunt on public land and have a chance at getting a deer in your area? Thanks.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'd recommend asking that question in "The Great Outdoors" area. There should definitely be someone there who can give you the proper info.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    FYI, Jelly Belly got that idea from Harry Potter. There is a bean company that sells "Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans." Quite a few of those flavors are directly from the books. When the movies first came out they started selling them licensed by HP as bertie bott's, then they quit paying the fees and took the HP link off of some of the packages to sell to those who are against everything magical...

https://jellybelly.com/product/596

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ooh, 7mmRM, got one of those sitting across the room from me; it's my "reach out and touch" of choice. I let my son make everyone at the brother-in-law's pee their pants with that one. He obliterated the 2x4 leg on the target holder.

Somehow or other, some of us have made it past 50 without being ridiculed for a "run to 50". I haven't been ridiculed much, and I hope to make it to 50, maybe by the end of the year. Really, I haven't been oriented to the classifieds myself, mostly viewed them a few times, though I may soon seek to [STRIKE]unload some of this crap on[/STRIKE]sell tome of my things to some of our esteemed colleagues. Don't be in too big a hurry, find some threads to conversate on, something where you're knowledgeable or have serious questions, you'll be there before you know it.

Top Bottom