• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    How about if you don't want to read it, you don't have to. There is nothing religious about pointing to a chapter and verse in a book that I'm well aware the person who I was talking to reads. If you don't like it and feel I broke an INGO rule, feel free to report my post. It's the triangle symbol with the "!"

What about, no. I often find things you post relevant, entertaining and informative. I do not however, find a Biblical quotation relevant to the discussion. And, when you type things into a forum that we all subscribe to, it isn't private ( i.e. between you and one other). That sir, is what private messaging is for...

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    wow this thread got gay quick. I say he can post about a bible verse if he wants. Also longbarrel Coats is on OUR side ;)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    What about, no. I often find things you post relevant, entertaining and informative. I do not however, find a Biblical quotation relevant to the discussion. And, when you type things into a forum that we all subscribe to, it isn't private ( i.e. between you and one other). That sir, is what private messaging is for...

Well thanks, I appreciate the sentiments. If you read his post, it is relevant. How about this:

Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York quoted this verse and said: I wish you were hot or cold but you are neither. So because you are lukewarm, I will spit you out of my mouth.

It's about picking a side, not straddling the fence and not meant for it's religious purpose but for the purpose of Todd Young picking a side on the 2A. There are others on here who would get the reference so I don't mind throwing it on there. I don't do private message unless I'm in the classifieds. I also don't get offended by what other people think or say. I guess I expect that from others, clearly not always the case.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm glad not everyone is as intolerant as those bible-reading-bigots.

Rep you but it hasn't been 734 days since I last hit you up

wow this thread got gay quick. I say he can post about a bible verse if he wants. Also longbarrel Coats is on OUR side ;)

LOL. I'd rep you again too but it hasn't been 737 days since I last hit you up.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    donelley doesnt care what the people want, he says what he needs to get elected, then is a rubber stamp for the left. This is every democrat, and the republicans wont learn from it. stupid. they control the money, it can only get worse.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    How about if you don't want to read it, you don't have to. There is nothing religious about pointing to a chapter and verse in a book that I'm well aware the person who I was talking to reads. If you don't like it and feel I broke an INGO rule, feel free to report my post. It's the triangle symbol with the "!"
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, my sides hurt.

And I think the rep system got stingier. Or I'm just playing faves with my rep recipients. I seem to run into the "must spread it around" song and dance a lot these days.

Whachyou got against gays? hmmmmmm?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, my sides hurt.

And I think the rep system got stingier. Or I'm just playing faves with my rep recipients. I seem to run into the "must spread it around" song and dance a lot these days.

Whachyou got against gays? hmmmmmm?

Lol, the rep system is anorexic these days! The sentiment is enough. Thanks :yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

As an agnostic, I really gotta ask. Does it really matter? If he thinks the words fit the situation why can't he reference them? Sheesh! Not every reference to a religious text is proselytizing.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Don't call me Francis... :cool:

Seriously, It's far less Bucks' quotation than the general religious overtones where religion and government are concerned. I appreciate the relevancy of the particular passages quoted, though I still prefer a general freedom of and from religion in political conversation. It muddies the waters for many, perhaps myself more than others /shrug.

Jamil, your point is also well taken. Relevant was poor word choice, I should have said necessary. I apologise if my request/opinion offended any intolerant bible-reading-bigots, other than myself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't call me Francis... :cool:

Seriously, It's far less Bucks' quotation than the general religious overtones where religion and government are concerned. I appreciate the relevancy of the particular passages quoted, though I still prefer a general freedom of and from religion in political conversation. It muddies the waters for many, perhaps myself more than others /shrug.

Jamil, your point is also well taken. Relevant was poor word choice, I should have said necessary. I apologise if my request/opinion offended any intolerant bible-reading-bigots, other than myself.

Any other conversational preferences you have that everyone needs to know about? I'd hate to go against your preference.

Top Bottom