• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    How about if you don't want to read it, you don't have to. There is nothing religious about pointing to a chapter and verse in a book that I'm well aware the person who I was talking to reads. If you don't like it and feel I broke an INGO rule, feel free to report my post. It's the triangle symbol with the "!"

What about, no. I often find things you post relevant, entertaining and informative. I do not however, find a Biblical quotation relevant to the discussion. And, when you type things into a forum that we all subscribe to, it isn't private ( i.e. between you and one other). That sir, is what private messaging is for...

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    wow this thread got gay quick. I say he can post about a bible verse if he wants. Also longbarrel Coats is on OUR side ;)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    What about, no. I often find things you post relevant, entertaining and informative. I do not however, find a Biblical quotation relevant to the discussion. And, when you type things into a forum that we all subscribe to, it isn't private ( i.e. between you and one other). That sir, is what private messaging is for...

Well thanks, I appreciate the sentiments. If you read his post, it is relevant. How about this:

Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York quoted this verse and said: I wish you were hot or cold but you are neither. So because you are lukewarm, I will spit you out of my mouth.

It's about picking a side, not straddling the fence and not meant for it's religious purpose but for the purpose of Todd Young picking a side on the 2A. There are others on here who would get the reference so I don't mind throwing it on there. I don't do private message unless I'm in the classifieds. I also don't get offended by what other people think or say. I guess I expect that from others, clearly not always the case.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm glad not everyone is as intolerant as those bible-reading-bigots.

Rep you but it hasn't been 734 days since I last hit you up

wow this thread got gay quick. I say he can post about a bible verse if he wants. Also longbarrel Coats is on OUR side ;)

LOL. I'd rep you again too but it hasn't been 737 days since I last hit you up.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    donelley doesnt care what the people want, he says what he needs to get elected, then is a rubber stamp for the left. This is every democrat, and the republicans wont learn from it. stupid. they control the money, it can only get worse.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    How about if you don't want to read it, you don't have to. There is nothing religious about pointing to a chapter and verse in a book that I'm well aware the person who I was talking to reads. If you don't like it and feel I broke an INGO rule, feel free to report my post. It's the triangle symbol with the "!"
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, my sides hurt.

And I think the rep system got stingier. Or I'm just playing faves with my rep recipients. I seem to run into the "must spread it around" song and dance a lot these days.

Whachyou got against gays? hmmmmmm?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, my sides hurt.

And I think the rep system got stingier. Or I'm just playing faves with my rep recipients. I seem to run into the "must spread it around" song and dance a lot these days.

Whachyou got against gays? hmmmmmm?

Lol, the rep system is anorexic these days! The sentiment is enough. Thanks :yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

As an agnostic, I really gotta ask. Does it really matter? If he thinks the words fit the situation why can't he reference them? Sheesh! Not every reference to a religious text is proselytizing.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Don't call me Francis... :cool:

Seriously, It's far less Bucks' quotation than the general religious overtones where religion and government are concerned. I appreciate the relevancy of the particular passages quoted, though I still prefer a general freedom of and from religion in political conversation. It muddies the waters for many, perhaps myself more than others /shrug.

Jamil, your point is also well taken. Relevant was poor word choice, I should have said necessary. I apologise if my request/opinion offended any intolerant bible-reading-bigots, other than myself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't call me Francis... :cool:

Seriously, It's far less Bucks' quotation than the general religious overtones where religion and government are concerned. I appreciate the relevancy of the particular passages quoted, though I still prefer a general freedom of and from religion in political conversation. It muddies the waters for many, perhaps myself more than others /shrug.

Jamil, your point is also well taken. Relevant was poor word choice, I should have said necessary. I apologise if my request/opinion offended any intolerant bible-reading-bigots, other than myself.

Any other conversational preferences you have that everyone needs to know about? I'd hate to go against your preference.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom