• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    only shot an hk usp once. nice feel to the gun and grouped good too. i'm thinking about picking up a police trade in.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Glock's are A.W.E.S.O.M.E...at least he picked a good gun! There are several excellent brands of guns out there...but comfort, beauty, and value are always in the eye of the beholder! :dunno:

Just to be fair, my wife picked a S&W M&P 9c over a Glock 26...go figure! If she's happy...I'm happy! :D

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    He is 14 and none of you guys are helping...lol He did ask me if I was upset that he choose Glock over my S&W.

I told him no, he can have his preferences without hurting my feelings. It did make me feel good that he was concerned for my opinion though. What a great son!

Now he needs to see the light, let him shoot a 1911:rockwoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My favorite part of this is guys saying that plastic is for toys but will recommend H&K like it's the 2nd coming of Christ.

Congrats to you on showing your son how to shoot and letting him formulate his own opinion....grats to your boy for a love of shooting! Those Glocks will last a long long time despite what a few haters may think.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    My son Josiah has drank the Glock Kool-Aid! I can't believe my son has fallen in love with a Glock! He shot a 40 cal Glock 23 today and he instantly liked it...help us!:koolaid:

I'm sorry for your loss... Lol.

Shot a Glock once, didn't care for it, don't like the grip, doesn't feel right to me.
    If I'm going plastic I used to want an SR9 until I picked up an M&P...

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Good for you. Let the Glock haters hate - the important thing is that you got your son out to shoot, he liked it, and he made his own decision on what he likes. I agree with DustyDawg48, letting him formulate his own opinion is full of win!

By the way, I have 2 M&P's & a Glock :-)

Last edited:

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    my glock 22 was an unreliable turd. it couldn't shoot the groups my sig does even on it's best day. plastic is for toys. glocks are like the mustang of the gun world, they are adequate to get an introduction into the shooting world, but need alot of aftermarket support to be on par with the better choices out there. how's that for my third post douche.

Glock AND Mustang envy? You are too awesome. Dont be jealous that the Mustang outsells the Camaro 10:1. Dont worry, the Mustang will put the Camaro out of production yet again. Give it a few years. ;)

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    My son Josiah has drank the Glock Kool-Aid! I can't believe my son has fallen in love with a Glock! He shot a 40 cal Glock 23 today and he instantly liked it...help us!:koolaid:

Kudos to you, sir, for letting your son get some trigger time and for letting him have his own opinion. Education is the best way to teach some firearms safety, and a huge step towards responsibility in a growing child.

I love Glocks, I've had the mix of brands, fired all sorts of firearms, and put more rounds down range than some small countries. Each weapon has its own feel, and its a huge plus that he's finding his comfort zone, identifying what he shoots more comfortably than another.

Keep up the instruction, and don't worry about the Glock barrel, it'll be just fine.

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    haters gonna hate. +1 for getting him out and letting him form his own opinion. Personally I love my Glock 23. Most reliable gun I've ever owned. Wouldn't trade it for anything. That being said, every manufacturer puts out lemons. Quality control can't catch everything. Those who base their opinions of a company on 1 gun they've owned are foolish. I know some people are unlucky and get several lemons but you see that from every company. Everyone is going to have slightly different preferences. +1 for not trying to force him in any direction.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    put a Sig in his hand. a Sig will out live all of us when that glock barrel will be shot out in a couple of years.

glock barrels get "shot out" after 50,000 or so rounds... because we actually go shoot them instead of posting on the internet about other people's guns...

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have only shot one glock and was disappointed. I don't think that is enough to condemn the entire line of glocks.
    I THINK IT'S AWESOME YOU ARE TAKING YOUR SON OUT SHOOTING AND SPENDING TIME WITH HIM!!!
    I say buy him his own Glock!

Top Bottom