• ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    1300676487082.jpg

Mad no way. You want to play? Show any torture/ durability test where a SIG or HK is even equal to a Glock, credible and published that is, not some bubba knows this guy that shot blah blah rounds thru a blah blah pistol without a single failure. Proof now required, no longer accepting that the brand name proves the performance or it's superiority. There are two benchmarks used to test a pistols performance 1911 and Glock. Please show all us less informed gun owners the error of our choices by proving we are wrong. Show us the light of the SIG HK supremacy in cold hard proof.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Mad no way. You want to play? Show any torture/ durability test where a SIG or HK is even equal to a Glock, credible and published that is, not some bubba knows this guy that shot blah blah rounds thru a blah blah pistol without a single failure. Proof now required, no longer accepting that the brand name proves the performance or it's superiority. There are two benchmarks used to test a pistols performance 1911 and Glock. Please show all us less informed gun owners the error of our choices by proving we are wrong. Show us the light of the SIG HK supremacy in cold hard proof.

Id like to see them say that stuff to hickok45 on youtube as well! :rockwoot:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    SIGs are good guns. HKs are good guns. S&W are good guns. Springfield are good guns. Heck even Glocks are good guns! Why this pissing match to push your favorite gun and denigrate the others? You don't like HK? Well that's your right. You love the M&P? Well good on ya! But I'm tired of people saying that an entire line of gun is crap because you had ONE that didn't work! Everyone makes a lemon from time to time! Damn childishness.

I see it all the time, people come on here and ask people's opinion of a certain gun. And there is always someone that comes in and says something like "Don't buy that POS gun! It's crap! I had one and it didn't shoot for **** and so they're all junk!" Well what about those hundreds of people that haven't had ONE issue with that gun? I just don't get it. And in the same vein, there are the people that think their brand is PERFECTION! "What do you mean your gun doesn't work?? Why you must be limp-wristing it!" Well believe it or not, just like I said, EVERYONE makes a lemon! It's not always the shooter!

Ok I'm done ranting for tonight. Love ya all!

Last edited:

desmodue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Peru, IN
    I'm one of those stuck in my ways kind of guys, 1911's, S&W and Colt revolvers. Its a comfort zone. I'm not particularly fond of Glocks or any of the copycat polymer guns, for absolutely no good reason. I know they work pretty well, the track record is pretty clear.

Now as time goes by and my view of how things are changes, I think about carrying more often. 25 years ago, I carried infrequently. Today, I find myself carrying more often, but still not everyday. Each time I lug around a 1911 or .357 revolver for more than a few hours, I see the reason polymer guns are chosen by so many.

It will happen one day, at this point I'm just being stubborn.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    SIGs are good guns. HKs are good guns. S&W are good guns. Springfield are good guns. Heck even Glocks are good guns! Why this pissing match to push your favorite gun and denigrate the others? You don't like HK? Well that's your right. You love the M&P? Well good on ya! But I'm tired of people saying that an entire line of gun is crap because you had ONE that didn't work! Everyone makes a lemon from time to time! Damn childishness.

I see it all the time, people come on here and ask people's opinion of a certain gun. And there is always someone that comes in and says something like "Don't buy that POS gun! It's crap! I had one and it didn't shoot for **** and so they're all junk!" Well what about those hundreds of people that haven't had ONE issue with that gun? I just don't get it. And in the same vein, there are the people that think their brand is PERFECTION! "What do you mean your gun doesn't work?? Why you must be limp-wristing it!" Well believe it or not, just like I said, EVERYONE makes a lemon! It's not always the shooter!

Ok I'm done ranting for tonight. Love ya all!

I put forth a challenge for credible proof not an argument. I leveled no insults. Called no one or their post childishness.
    So the red highlight portion of your post is what your tired of? Didn't see anything remotely similar in my post you obviously were offended by. Childishness?

I can agree that someone did post in a childish manner. Show some proof not a rant in an attempt to discredit or defect the direction of the challenge.

I have owned multiple Sig and HK products over time and given them plenty of opportunities to impress me over the years only one succeeded. That would be a SIG 1911 Platinum Elite.

Have you ever dealt with SIG or HK's service departments? They are the ones that "think" their products are "Prefection".

The point is I challenged anyone to find some proof to support the claims made that SIG an HK pistols, are equal to or better than the rest, as people so often seem to claim and or insinuate on here. No pissing match, no insult fest just that it is time to "put up or shut up" so to speak.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm one of those stuck in my ways kind of guys, 1911's, S&W and Colt revolvers. Its a comfort zone. I'm not particularly fond of Glocks or any of the copycat polymer guns, for absolutely no good reason. I know they work pretty well, the track record is pretty clear.

Now as time goes by and my view of how things are changes, I think about carrying more often. 25 years ago, I carried infrequently. Today, I find myself carrying more often, but still not everyday. Each time I lug around a 1911 or .357 revolver for more than a few hours, I see the reason polymer guns are chosen by so many.

It will happen one day, at this point I'm just being stubborn.

There probably isn't a more polarizing topic than Glocks! I had a similar view as you; I'd always respected Glocks because of their workhorse reputation but sometimes people on both sides of the issue can ruin it for a curious shooter. It took a bit of removing myself from any argument and just 'doing it' and bought my first Glock, a used G35...stupidly I sold it although I'm not a huge fan of .40 but it started an affair that I never thought could happen with anything other than wood and steel guns. 5 additional Glocks later and I'm still looking for my next Glock. I'm thinking either the compact .45 or the big ol' 10mm should be next!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    All this banter is really making me think... Is it better to OC or CC Koolaid? I mean, what are the advantages of OC'ing Koolaid when everyone can see your tasty red drink, and you remove the element of surprise? And, does anyone make a good Koolaid holster? Can you quickly drink Koolaid from concealment in an emergency? WOW! This is making my head hurt. I need to go fondle my Glock. :D

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I've been looking at the SigP220 recently, my dad is a Glock guy. He never once tried to change my mind, just asked me why not a Glock! I did a bit more research and I think i'm gonna hold of on the .45 in favor of a nine.

That's right.. I'ma drink the Kool-Aid in the form of a G19.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    notice how you never see this hating going on when someone posts about someone buying any other gun?

We all say "grats" and "enjoy"... someone buys a Glock and here they come.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Your theory is flawed, as it didn't work for me. Once upon a time I found the XD series a "thinking man's improvements on a Glock." Cognitively, I liked the ideas they used in the design. Though, practically speaking, the Glock won the day (and, ultimately, the place in my holsters) when it came to carrying and shooting.

I am glad we live in a country (and state) where we have the freedoms (for now) to wrestle with the conundrums of choosing the firearms we own.

But, when it comes right down to it, if you listen to the voice of your "inner shooter," it'll tell you that you should have got a Glock! :D

Sorry, I started reading real words, but all of a sudden it started sounding like the Charlie Brown Teacher... wa wa wawawa Just sayin...

:D:D:D

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Sorry, I started reading real words, but all of a sudden it started sounding like the Charlie Brown Teacher... wa wa wawawa Just sayin...

:D:D:D

It's all good ...I'm multi-lingual and sometimes forget I'm fluent in "wa wa wawawa." :D

BTW, there is a support group for people who talk too much ...it's called "OnandonAnon." Don't ask me how I know. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Short answer: Glocks work for me, XD's didn't. YMMV

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Here are a couple of links you SIG/ HK guys should read before you go getting all brand snobbish.
    Tactical-Life.com » GLOCK 17 9mm TORTURE TEST

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...ask=view&id=90

Show us a documented SIG or HK with that many rounds, treated in this manner with as few problems. Then you may get some converts. Until then they are over priced, high maintenance, less robust and less reliable pistols.

PS the Glocks, M&P's and even the XD/XDM's will be eating ammo long after the others are retired from service.
    Not to mention those WW1 1911's that saw combat through Vietnam that are still out there in night stands and dresser draws and yes even holsters getting the job done!

I wasn't being a brand snob! really, I have a ruger, want a S&W MP9, I personally just don't like the Glock all that much... I say to each his own, get, learn it, shoot with it, and be safe, and we are all winners! :rockwoot:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I put forth a challenge for credible proof not an argument. I leveled no insults. Called no one or their post childishness.
    So the red highlight portion of your post is what your tired of? Didn't see anything remotely similar in my post you obviously were offended by. Childishness?

I can agree that someone did post in a childish manner. Show some proof not a rant in an attempt to discredit or defect the direction of the challenge.

I have owned multiple Sig and HK products over time and given them plenty of opportunities to impress me over the years only one succeeded. That would be a SIG 1911 Platinum Elite.

Have you ever dealt with SIG or HK's service departments? They are the ones that "think" their products are "Prefection".

The point is I challenged anyone to find some proof to support the claims made that SIG an HK pistols, are equal to or better than the rest, as people so often seem to claim and or insinuate on here. No pissing match, no insult fest just that it is time to "put up or shut up" so to speak.

What makes you think I was talking about you? Did I quote any of your post or mention you by name? :dunno:

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    What makes you think I was talking about you? Did I quote any of your post or mention you by name? :dunno:

Could be we are driving to the same point. It seems it is always the SIG/HK fanboys slinging the "should have this or that and the if you can afford one" one liner snarky replies. You were speaking about the post's I was challenging for any proof of their feeling of superiority that leads to the "snobbery snarky" postings. If this is indeed the situation then I apologize.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    New Castle
    It seems to be a natural occurance, my father-inlaw and I went out to wilbur wright for the afternoon and took along a friends glock 22C. Needless to say when the day was over our friend no longer owned a glock it was the first handgun i ever picked up that just felt like it belonged in my hands.:koolaid:

Top Bottom