• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    :laugh: Nice! I have a daughter so no such luck for me I think, maybe not. Good to see your boy working!
    Pfft! My daughters are gonna do the same stuff. My boys are going to cook dinner and clean house, my daughters will mow lawn and help cut firewood. Gender roles are fine, but if you don't have one handy the work still needs to be done.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Congratulations to you and your son, Que. Your little man is growing up. :) Don't forget to post the finished product. :yesway:

IMG003.jpg

He did fine and the best part is that he didn't ask for money when he was done. :yesway:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have been waiting on this day for eight years. My son finally got his first cut today. I let it grow long, just so I could see a noticeable change, but maybe it was a tad too long. :D

Que since I don't live to far away, if you feel the need for him to learn the art of a Zero turn mower, I'd be more than obliged to let him "cut" his teeth mowing my yard!:laugh:

BTW, little guy did a good job, nothing like gaining some responsibility to make you feel like you matter as a young one.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    It's a nice change to see a parent giving responsibilty to their child, being supportive, providing feedback and showing pride. You set a fine example, as does your son. Congratulations to both of you.

It's good for children to know that they need to contribute in whatever way they can. Teaches them to grow up without that entitlement attitude that so many people display now. Keep it up! :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Pfft! My daughters are gonna do the same stuff. My boys are going to cook dinner and clean house, my daughters will mow lawn and help cut firewood. Gender roles are fine, but if you don't have one handy the work still needs to be done.

True true, she will learn one way or the other. She's in barbie mode right now. And Que when I have my kid on Saturday mornings we go to build and grow, great program!!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    he obviously doesn't get that from you!

Yeah, I didn't say he was perfect. ;) He's been begging for a knife since he Chop-IN and that's not happening. I could imagine this thread being about him cutting himself. His mom would demonstrate the highest level of passive-aggressive behavior I have ever experienced, if something like that happened. :laugh:

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Fantastic, start paying him pretty low though. Don't underestimate his knowledge for working you for a buck. If you start much higher than $10 he'll have you up to $50 within a year or two. Then pulling your mower around to the neighbors and before you know it, he'll have a small enterprise!:yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom