• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    On Monday I received a call from the CMP that my wife and I had both been drawn to purchase 1911’s. I gave them payment information, and the pistols got to my FFL dealer on Tuesday! We both opted for service grade (the highest grade they have). I picked up the 1911A1’s this afternoon. Both are super TIGHT (I have heard some horror stories of guns being so loose that they rattle horribly). One is a 1943 WWII Colt frame with a Remington Rand slide, and the other is a 1944 WWII Ithaca frame with a Vietnam era replacement slide. Both have replacement barrels and magazines. The great thing is that unlike many of tge CMP 1911’s, neither of the frames have rebuild marks on them, so I can restore them to correct WWII configuration if I like. Do you think I should leave them “as is”, or try to find the correct slides and barrels for them? Does anybody have a Colt or Ithaca slide you would like to trade for a Remington Rand slide?

url=https://postimg.cc/dLGyJhk4]
    0-E022-C3-A-C48-F-49-BE-B0-FA-5-DBD5-ED51-D30.jpg
    [/url]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My package in and accepted. No email or call to date.... I am getting worried!
    The CMP website had some recent info on how to contact them if you hadn’t received a number. The highest number I saw on the CMP 1911 forum (which is WAY over-moderated, just sayin...) was 35K. That would be roughly the same number of packages received in round one. I was number 15,769, I had a wait but it was well worth the wait.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I wish I had the money to buy one, or even the credentials to join CMP. I get their emails, but don`t meet the criteria for being a member. Good for you, those are great .45`s.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The CMP website had some recent info on how to contact them if you hadn’t received a number. The highest number I saw on the CMP 1911 forum (which is WAY over-moderated, just sayin...) was 35K. That would be roughly the same number of packages received in round one. I was number 15,769, I had a wait but it was well worth the wait.
    I was number 20,417, and my wife was 20,418 (so much for the random number generator)

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I can say for sure that some of those 1911’s came out of special forces armories. Not to give away much but a very good friend of mines son is a armorer in a special forces group and went thru some of the 1911’s and sent them out of service for the CMP..... he had to put them back to stock configuration.

Top Bottom