• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    I can tell you that back in the late '80's when I was stationed in Corpus Christi at the armory, we had racks full of them, and most were in perfect, untouched condition. They were for the Seabee's and the MIUWU units, which were reservist. Once a year they came down to take people out to the range to shoot, and we always just took the same dozen or so guns from the top of the rack, and never touched the other ones. Then when the M9 came out, they were all returned to Crane.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Very Nice! I'd leave them as-is...their current condition is part of their history, and even though they are mixmasters, they are "as-issued" mixmasters. Even if you were able to source slides from the same manufacturer as the frames, they're still not going to be "original". I say shoot them and enjoy them as an awesome piece of living history.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Congratulations on those beautiful guns!

For nearly 30 years, I have owned one with a Remington Rand slide that my Dad acquired some time in the early 60's during or after his time as a USAR armor officer.

How can I tell what make and vintage the frame is and whether or not it is a rebuild?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Congratulations on those beautiful guns!

For nearly 30 years, I have owned one with a Remington Rand slide that my Dad acquired some time in the early 60's during or after his time as a USAR armor officer.

How can I tell what make and vintage the frame is and whether or not it is a rebuild?

IM me the serial number, and I will tell you who made it, and what year. If you want, you can replace the last two or three digits with “x”s

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I can tell you that back in the late '80's when I was stationed in Corpus Christi at the armory, we had racks full of them, and most were in perfect, untouched condition. They were for the Seabee's and the MIUWU units, which were reservist. Once a year they came down to take people out to the range to shoot, and we always just took the same dozen or so guns from the top of the rack, and never touched the other ones. Then when the M9 came out, they were all returned to Crane.
    There is an awful lot of the Navy's mission that happens in the middle of nowhere in Southern Indiana.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Are you a felon?
    Do you have a LTCH?
    Do you have $25 to join the Garand collectors Ass.?
    That's pretty much all you need to get into the CMP.
    No.
    Yes.
    Yes...maybe...but what is the Garand Collectors Association? I had thought you had to be a member of a VFW or American Legion in order to get a CMP membership?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    No.
    Yes.
    Yes...maybe...but what is the Garand Collectors Association? I had thought you had to be a member of a VFW or American Legion in order to get a CMP membership?
    If you are military or law enforcement, you do not need to join the Garand collectors association. Also, many clubs count in lieu of joining the GCA. I am a member of the OGCA (Ohio Gun Collector's Association) that puts on GREAT gun shows fir members, and that counts.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Very nice...Congrats! Those are a nice acquisition to anyone's stable!
    If you're planning on shooting / using them, I would leave them 'as is'...and enjoy them they way they are!
    If you're planning on using them as a collector piece or for show, I would probably work toward restoring them to original condition with original OEM parts!
    Either way, hope you enjoy them for a long time!

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I’m glad to see more people on here getting these. I got lucky and got an early number in round 1 and there was a very distinct line of people who were against the prices.

your colt/RR looks great. Are the grips keys or late production?

Top Bottom