• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I for one feel safer knowing that he was arrested not for trespassing, but because he didn’t pay the king for the privilege of exercising his rights.

I tend to agree with your snark. That said, the law is clear and easily accessible to everyone, and I am not permitted to turn the proverbial blind eye in furtherance of my political views. I'll go out of my way to educate anyone who asks, but I cannot and will not risk my job over politics.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I tend to agree with your snark. That said, the law is clear and easily accessible to everyone, and I am not permitted to turn the proverbial blind eye in furtherance of my political views. I'll go out of my way to educate anyone who asks, but I cannot and will not risk my job over politics.

:patriot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Would never ask you to. I feel better for you being out there.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I for one feel safer knowing that he was arrested not for trespassing, but because he didn’t pay the king for the privilege of exercising his rights.

Right? Had he had a full length rifle he's legal to carry it with no license.

If you're trying to make a point, at least take a few minutes to make sure you're doing it legally.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Yeah, this type of activity isn't helpful. The LTCH thing aside, doing this out in public I wouldn't have an issue with, but not realizing the difference when on public properties something else. Hopefully he will learn his lesson and seek to become more educated on his rights, and engage in the political process to effect change for those things he doesn't agree with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, this type of activity isn't helpful. The LTCH thing aside, doing this out in public I wouldn't have an issue with, but not realizing the difference when on public properties something else. Hopefully he will learn his lesson and seek to become more educated on his rights, and engage in the political process to effect change for those things he doesn't agree with.

With this on his record I seriously doubt he will be able to legally carry for some time if ever.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I'm not being snarky or disrespectful, truly asking. I thought you do have discression?
    Not that this guy deserved it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    With this on his record I seriously doubt he will be able to legally carry for some time if ever.

Marion county so the judge will probably let him go the next day and appologize to him for any inconvenience and let him know he's getting out in a day because no one was shot. If you shoot people you have to spend a week in jail in Mario county then you can be let go to reoffend and may be kill police the next time.
    The judge will probably also encourage him to file a lawsuit so he can collect a couple hundred thousand dollars for his time.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    SBR vs pistol aside, I know its legal to carry an AR15 around in public and I have no problem with that as it should be legal. However, in this day and age with mass shooting and the like, I don't think its a good idea. People are going to assume the worst if they see someone walking into a store with one strapped over their shoulder. It just causes needless "panic". I wish we lived in a world where guns weren't viewed as evil but this is where we are.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Marion county so the judge will probably let him go the next day and appologize to him for any inconvenience and let him know he's getting out in a day because no one was shot. If you shoot people you have to spend a week in jail in Mario county then you can be let go to reoffend and may be kill police the next time.
    The judge will probably also encourage him to file a lawsuit so he can collect a couple hundred thousand dollars for his time.

It's like you stole their playbook....

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's really easy to chip away at the 2A when people like this are considered representative of gun owners in general.

We should be strongly discouraging this behavior.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I'm wondering if this wack job got banned from here and later arrested by the same person.

This guy had to have mental illness to be so out of touch with some of the basic laws of this state?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    All SBR’s and I believe machine guns, are pistols as far as IN law is concerned?

Not quite. Indiana is in-line with federal law on NFA items. The items that are considered "handguns" in Indiana are things such as pistol-grip-only shotguns. SBR's that have a barrel of <16" or OAL ,<26" would require a permit to be carried.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom