• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How many actually go to the locations where the violence is taking place?

Are you talking Englewood or Michigan Avenue? The problem is that that Michigan Avenue is in play.

When I lived in the Loop for three years, there was ZERO crime. It was an agreed green zone where the productive class was allowed to do its thing without being harrassed by criminals or the police. (I had exactly one run in with the police in the Green Zone/Loop and that is when I went for cigarettes at the White Hen at Clinton and Madison and they were talking about the Mini-14 and I dropped knowledge on them--the attempted shakedown by CPD was on the Southside near Lem's).

The problem is that now the criminal class is ignoring the old boundaries and daring to cross into the productive zones.

Look out for Mayor Tiny Dancer, he is everywhere:

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2013/04/rahm-is-everywhere.html

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I also work downtown. However I carry everytime im out there. I know the consequences, but I dont care, if traffic is bad on the expressway I take alternative routes and these routes are far from safe routes. I have been pulled over twice in chicago with my 9mm on my waist, if they have no reason they cant legally search you but still might and you have no control over it on the side of the road therefore will not know you are carrying it. If I ever have to use it out there I would reather have to reap the legal consequences and be able to see my children again than be dead. Just my :twocents:

Fixed that for ya :)

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I was just up there Monday, my son had a scholastic competition that the regionals were held in Chicago. Fortunatly, if he placed well enough to go to the Nationals, it will be held in Atlanta.

For the trip north, the wife and I carried pepper spray, kept to the main roads, and kept the doors locked until we were entering/exiting our vehicle. We rented a car, mainly for the extra room and comfort, but it also had the benefit of not having my NRA sticker in the window, or my Indiana veteran plate that might mark me as a domestic terrorist in Obamaland.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I went with my daughter to visit law schools there last month. She was offered full ride scholarships at four schools there. At 22 it all seems exciting. Lord I hope she decides not to go there. I hope she picks IU Law instead. It is her choice. I will be happy to pay for a lifetime LTCH and pistol of her choice if she stays in Indiana. I fear for her safety in Chicago. It is not even a nice place to visit anymore. She does carry pepper spray.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I know exactly how you feel, I used to have to go to Oak Park a lot, kept leaving my Glock-19 at the time at home, one day said SCREW THIS (same words inmates at the Cook County Jail mighta used about me if I had been caught) and kept it locked in the car trunk, therefore having peace of mind.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Look at all the trash that's all over the streets and in yards ect. Even on the mile. The city is so filthy. While Obama is in office it's like they feel empowered to be animals and that's what they are. I hope I never get attacked but if i do get attacked there will be some momma on the news saying how good of a person her innocent baby was and how he never hurt nobody but I will be the one still alive period.

tohm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Lowell
    I live 30 miles south east of Chicago and would prefer a trip to Indy for the weekend. I try not to purchase items there just so I don't contribute (tax dollars) to their cause. Business takes you were you have to go but no need if giving them any more than you have to.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I'd be willing bet that IL will keep any carry laws as restrictive as they possibly can. I'm guessing its highly unlikely that non-residents will be able to carry in IL. Any reason to think otherwise?

Yes - because the bill that is there now has about an 85-90% chance of passing and it's modled on Wisconsin's law. It also includes immediate reciprocity with all other state carry permits.

Sure, it's IL and odd things can happen, but we are very organized over here and so far their attempts at anything less have failed.

Of course, since so many from IN tend to travel into IL every now and then, it is in your best interest to help us get this thing passed. And you can do so by calling the Speaker of the House and the Governor's office and letting them know you won't spend a dime in this state unless the bill supported by ISRA and the NRA is passed.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Years ago I took a lady I knew into Chicago to pick up her boyfriend (and my friend) from the downtown train station-on New Years Eve, after dark. Since this is old news, I will admit to carrying my Beretta 92 there with me. My lady friend new a short cut and took us through some so-so areas of the hinterland. Abandoned and burned out houses; a burned up police car up on blocks, etc.
    We made it to the train station and home again unharmed. Only cops we saw were in the train station.

My more recent trips have been via the South Shore rail service to and from the 'museums' their. Just day trips.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    ...last time I checked, IL was still part of the US. Just like NY, NJ, CT and CA.

Self defense is a basic human right, and the fight for the Second Amendment is the same as the right to vote, pray, or sit in the front of a public bus.

A person having their right to vote denied in another state is ALL OF OUR PROBLEM. It's a Bill of Rights issue that effects EVERYONE.

We can sit at home and act like the unconstitutional laws of other states don't effect us, but they do. And it is in all of our best interest to become involved in the fights outside of our home states.

It's what Charlton Heston did when he marched for civil rights in the 60's.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    So, then it is a DUTY to break Unconstitutional laws, ie sitting in the front of the bus, carrying a weapon in Chicago, drinking from the same water fountains, etc... correct...

Gunner

Top Bottom