• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So, then it is a DUTY to break Unconstitutional laws, ie sitting in the front of the bus, carrying a weapon in Chicago, drinking from the same water fountains, etc... correct...

Gunner

I was at a training class yesterday and this very discussion came up. I want to see who is willing to say YES... and then do it.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    So, then it is a DUTY to break Unconstitutional laws, ie sitting in the front of the bus, carrying a weapon in Chicago, drinking from the same water fountains, etc... correct...

Gunner

That wasn't where I was going with that...But one could make a good argument for it.

At this point there are plenty of groups to join, cases pending that need funding, phone calls to make, emails to be sent and candidates to vote for.

What one decides to do on a personal level is up to you. What I would suggest is that writing off any state as "lost" or "beyond hope" will end up harming us in the long run.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have to work in Chicago five days a week, don't like it at all. Little less dangerous if you avoid certain parts of town.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My family and I was in chicago a few years ago, we missed the train last call for that station late at night and ended up walking 6 or 7 miles along the track to the nearest station to get on a train.

Somebody was watching over us that night...

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    The girlfriend's parents live in one of the western suburbs by O'Hare. Doesn't bother me to go there because I refuse to be afraid to enjoy what the city has to offer.

If I was, I would never gotten to enjoy any of the dozens of concerts I've seen, the Museum of Science and Industry, Kuma's Corner, Cite Restaurant at the 70th floor of Lake Point Tower, the Art Institute, or any of the other very cool things the city has to offer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I spent the day in Chicago yesterday. Took the South Shore to Millenium Station, then a short walk to the Red Line station on State by MARSHALL FIELDS, then a subway/el ride to Wrigleyville and back the same way after a beautiful day for baseball....and some mediocre baseball. Somehow I survived unarmed.

I agree that the city and state gun laws are wrong- just plain wrong. That being said, the idea that the entire city is a free fire zone is not accurate. Frankly, perpetuating that story makes us all sound like inexperienced, unsophisticated, provincial rubes.

I will continue to enjoy what the city has to offer. I'm a country boy, so visiting from time to time, and not living there, is fine with me. Do I wish I could legally carry? Absolutely. Do I want to go to prison? Nope. I plan my visits well, stay sober, stay in areas that are not known for danger and stay aware. That is as natural for me as breathing. With those simple precautions, I enjoy a beautiful city.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Gunner

I believe so and if everyone would do it the legal system would be so overwhelmed they would have to stop prosecuting and the law would change to support our rights. It often amazes me that so many people will not make a stand like this against certain laws but they are so verbally willing to pock up their rifles ........
    We must exhaust all peaceful means of protest

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Would you like to come to Chicago with me next time?

Sure, when do you want to go?

The post you quoted was about those who are willing to go to jail for their beliefs, while they encourage others to do so. I'm NOT going to jail, but anytime you want to make a road trip, I would be glad to go with you. Just let me know when you want to go.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sure, when do you want to go?

The post you quoted was about those who are willing to go to jail for their beliefs, while they encourage others to do so. I'm NOT going to jail, but anytime you want to make a road trip, I would be glad to go with you. Just let me know when you want to go.

Sounds good. I will give you a heads up as soon as I have to go next time.
    I'm good company.

I don't ever intentionally try to go to jail there but we all know if a person gets caught with a gun there what will happen. I'd rather be judged by 12 thN carried by 6. The only way it will ever be used is in defense of my life or my family's.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    My family and I was in chicago a few years ago, we missed the train last call for that station late at night and ended up walking 6 or 7 miles along the track to the nearest station to get on a train.

Somebody was watching over us that night...

Where did you miss this train at, and where did you walk 6 miles down the railroad tracks to?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Where did you miss this train at, and where did you walk 6 miles down the railroad tracks to?

From end of the line downtown station to the next station still accepting trains. Can't remember the station, that was well before 2001. I won't be going that again...

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    I think i would have gotten in a cab,was downtown on easter ate at Ditkas was great, a good police presence was there. You wouldn't know it by the media but violent crime is down in Chicago got to remember its not your neighborhood but who comes into your neighborhood.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    From end of the line downtown station to the next station still accepting trains. Can't remember the station, that was well before 2001. I won't be going that again...

I find it bizzare that you were at a empty train station in downtown chicago, and were able to walk 6 miles to one that was still open to catch a train. If you don't remember the stations, you must remember the train line and where you started and ended your journey.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I find it bizzare that you were at a empty train station in downtown chicago, and were able to walk 6 miles to one that was still open to catch a train. If you don't remember the stations, you must remember the train line and where you started and ended your journey.

Calling me a liar?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Calling me a liar?

I am very familiar with the city, and where the commuter rail lines run through. A six mile walk in the middle of the night would have brought you through some very bad neighborhoods when they are at their worst pretty much any direction you would have walked. Their aren't sidewalks running along the tracks so you must have been walking on the stones and ties. That would have been brutal in street shoes. Some rail lines are commuter only, some have freight trains sharing the tracks, that would have added a great deal of danger to your journey. Im just asking you where you started this journey, where you finished it, and what train line you were on. If you can't remember any of those facts, than how about what part of the city this train station was at that was closed, and what part of the city was the station in that you found that was still open? Why didn't you take a cab? How many hours did this walk take?

Top Bottom